Ch 137: Don't sneak away

"Then I'm relieved. Uncle Hu, I'll go home first. The medicine I made for Auntie isn't ready yet. When I get it, I'll treat her face."

She decided to plant the medicinal herbs for Madam Qian's face in the Space first to nourish it and make the medicinal herbs more spiritual before taking them out to make medicine.

If she told Chen Hu, he would tell Madam Qian.

Chen Hu nodded and said, "Okay, don't worry. I'll tell your aunt."

Su Xiaolu nodded and went home.

Zhou Heng had already coaxed Chen Shi to sleep. Seeing that Su Xiaolu was back and looked a little tired, Zhou Heng said gently, "Go to sleep."

Su Xiaolu smiled and nodded, "Yes, thank you, Big Brother Zhou Heng."

Zhou Heng smiled faintly and said nothing more. He went to read.

Su Xiaolu did not go to sleep. Instead, she sat down beside Zhou Heng and asked, "Big Brother Zhou Heng, has your family replied?"

It had been a while since Zhou Heng sent out his letter. He did not know when there would be any news.

"Soon, I think. I'll probably be gone before the New Year if nothing unexpected happens."

Zhou Heng said gently. Counting the days, his letter had already arrived in the capital. Now that he was fine, his mother should have dealt with the dangerous matters and could take him back.

Recommended for you
Discover 40 Mind Blowing Facts About Football
Sponsored by Bakehuge

"Big Brother Zhou Heng, can I make a request?"

Su Xiaolu looked at Zhou Heng seriously and said.

Zhou Heng was puzzled. "What request?"

Su Xiaolu smiled sweetly and said, "I want you to promise me that if your family comes to pick you up, can you not sneak away? Say goodbye to us before leaving?"

She did not want Zhou Heng to leave quietly. That way, everyone would be sad for a long time.

Their family was prepared to part ways. This day would come eventually. They were prepared. Even if the day did come, though they would be sad, they would still give their blessings.

Zhou Heng looked at Su Xiaolu and finally nodded. "Okay, I promise you."

"Hurry up and get some sleep."

Zhou Heng urged gently.

Su Xiaolu nodded and yawned before returning to her room to sleep.

When Su Xiaolu woke up again, Su Sanlang and the others had returned.

They went to see Chen Hu. Seeing that Chen Hu's leg was fixed and everything else was fine, they let him rest well.

Madam Qian thought that there were still many sauerkraut dishes to be made, so he asked Chen Daniu and Chen Erniu to cook.

Su Sanlang and Madam Zhao decided to let everyone eat together during this period of time and wait for Chen Hu to recover.

They had almost used up all the vegetables they had bought. With the restaurant, their expenses were even higher.

A few recipes taught by Madam Qian allowed Fu Man Lai to attract many customers. Many customers ordered those dishes every day, and the demand for sauerkraut and pickles increased.

So, Su Sanlang was going to buy another 2000 catties of vegetables to make sauerkraut.

They talked about it over dinner that night.