𝟎𝟒 ┆𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

.𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛.
.

"Lockwood", my voice spoke as I looked into the face of a type two. My rapier drawn and held in front of me keeping two arm lengths between me and the ghost.

I had my eyes trained onto the swirling enlightened figure hovering in front of me over the ground watching me like a cat.

The face gave nothing about the gender away as it swayed towards me and screamed.

An ear piercing scream echoed through my head. It numbed my senses making me drop my rapier to grab onto my head covering my ears.

"Evie!", Lockwood screamed my name, but I didn't hear him. I only heard the scream of pain and agony in my head making its way through my nerves as black dots started to form in my field of vision.

I couldn't look up at him standing in front of me as his shadow towered over me. He fought off the type two securing the source and throwing it into an iron net.

The screaming stopped. My eyes opened again as I felt a hand touch my shoulder. "Evie", Lockwood said in a soft and yet urging voice.

"I'm sorry", I whispered and my voice gave out. He shook his head and offered me his hand that once had a place on my shoulder. I took his hand as he pulled me up to stand on my feet.

I didn't even notice that I dropped to my knees, but now that the adrenaline wore off I could feel the pain in my kneecaps pulsing on my skin. "Let's just get out of here", he smiled and took the two bags standing by the staircase.

We walked down to the front door. He grabbed the handle but it didn't open. "What the hell", he muttered furrowing his eyebrows at the door and pulled and pushed.

The door didn't budge. It just wouldn't open. "Is this some sick joke?", he exclaimed throwing his hands in the air turning to me as I froze on my spot. "What? Do you hear something?", he asked but I held a hand up to stop him from talking.

I took a deep breath closing my eyes. First there was silence. Just nothing.

And then I heard it. Footsteps running behind me towards us and I drew my rapier turning around as fast I could slicing right through the appearing ghost.