𝟎𝟖 ┆𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

.𝑏𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑠.
.

"We have bills to pay", Lockwood started throwing his hands into the air standing up from his sitting position at the table in the kitchen.

I rubbed my eyes sighing heavily. I was semi exhausted since the encounter with my Mom.

"We also could use some help", I mumbled grumpily sipping on my tea as Lockwood looked at me knotting his eyebrows.

"Help? No, what we need are clients, money and jobs", he shook his head sitting back down as George came into the kitchen with the phone on his ear.

"I'm sorry, Miss, but we currently-", George began to say to a potential client, but he was interrupted by Lockwood taking the phone out of his hands.

"We're currently very busy, but I am sure we can take time for you, Miss", Lockwood smiled and I rolled my eyes as George made a waving motion with his hand in front of his neck.

"Okay, we'll be there in about an hour", he smiled again and then hung up. George groaned.

"Are you crazy?! Penelope Fittes just told you to turn down clients! Are seriously going to ignore an order from Penelope Fittes?", George continued to call my Mom by her full name.

I rolled my eyes standing up again. "She's not that special you know", I mumbled but they seemed to have heard it. George frowned in confusion.

"Of course she is! She is Penelope Fittes!", he exclaimed as Lockwood watched the scene unfold with amusement.

"Yes! I know her name!", I yelled back and then tensed as they both looked at me surprised. "You don't have to call her by her full name every god damn time", I was annoyed and they both saw it.

"Okay, calm down. No need to overreact like that, Evie", Lockwood took a step forward touching my shoulder rubbing over it in circles calming me down a bit. "I'd say lets get ready and make our way to Miss Johnson, but I don't think you're in the right mind for it", he whispered softly.

My head snapped towards him. "You want me of the case?!", I exclaimed and slapped his hand away from my shoulder. "Seriously?", I asked and he let his head down.

"Well, if it weren't for you, we wouldn't have to worry about paying the bills", He looked up again. His voice was nowhere near angry, but it sounded like an accusation in that moment.

"Really? Because I was not the one who didn't get the right information from the client, was I?", I shot back and crossed my arms as he did the same.

"I was not the one who fainted", he shot back making me blink. "And I'm also not the one who let her guard down", he continued sounding more angry.

"I'm not the one who is the reason why this agency is going downhill since they're here", he rose an eyebrow talking with a tense voice.

"Wow", I gasped. Hurt by this statement I took a few steps back nearly falling over my own feet.