𝟑𝟏┆𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘

.𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑡ℎ.
.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I waited for my mother to pick me up. I flinched as I heard the front door slam shut behind me once I was outside.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I stepped down the stairs to the pavement. My bag and my rapier held firmly in my hands as I waited for the driver to pick me up.

I saw the black car rounding the corner before it stopped in front of me and my mother stepped out from the backseat of the car as the driver got my bag and rapier into the trunk.

"Oh sweetheart" she smiled sweetly wiping my tears and embracing me into a hug. I pushed her away with a sudden feeling of rage.

"Don't touch me, you monster" I huffed before getting into the car. My mother hesitated a little before getting in next to me as the driver sat in the drivers seat and drove us away from Portland Row.

The ride was silent and uncomfortable. An uncomfortable silence in the air as we stopped at our house.

"They were never your friends, Evie. They only wanted our money and reputation", mother spoke to me and I huffed.

"See that's where you're wrong", I huffed crossing my arms over my chest as we walk to the front door. My mom raised an eyebrow at me. "They didn't want my money and reputation as long as they didn't know my name, which in case you haven't known, you ruined with your little newspaper article!", I spoke with anger clear in my voice.

My mom smiled. "And now that they know your name they said they could've paid their bills if you told them you were a Fittes, hm?", she smirked and I stopped walking into the house.

I turned around with a shocked look on my face. "What? How did you know that?", I ask in hushed tone. "Did you spy on me?!", I gasped.

"No no I didn't spy on you. But that's what they all say when they find out who you are, they only see the money and fame", she spoke and a hint of sadness and sorrow followed in a sigh.

"I was like you once, Evie. I wanted people to remember me by my doings and not by my name as a Fittes. But the only thing people will ever see is our money, Evie. You have to come to terms with that like I did", she sighed before leaving me alone in the corridor.

She was right. Lockwood would've only used me for money and reputation anyways if he knew my name sooner.

Still I can't believe he would've used me like this.

KNOW MY NAME | Anthony LockwoodOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara