𝟏𝟒 ┆ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

.𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑓𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑎𝑙.
.

Right as I took the already packed bag from the bed Lockwood and Lucy came up the stairs talking about the house.

Well he talked, she just listened to what he was saying. They both fell silent once I stood there awkwardly smiling at them.

Lockwood cleared his throat. "I'll take that", he gestured to the bag in my hands and reached for it taking it from me then turning back to Lucy who had watched the interaction.

"Welcome to Lockwood and Co", he smiled briefly at the red haired girl then walked down the stairs leaving us alone.

"I'm Evie", I stretched out a hand for her to shake which she took with a smile.

"I know. I'm Lucy", she smiled then it faded into panic as she realised how that must have sounded. I kept calm just smiling a little confused. "Oh god, no, that sounded so creepy I'm sorry it's just that Lockwood told me about you", she apologised heavily ranting out apologies.

I laughed brushing it off. "There's nothing to be sorry for, Lucy", I laughed and she let out a breath of relief.

"I'm still sorry for intruding into your space", she spoke sheepishly glancing down at her fiddling hands. "I didn't mean to take away your room", she tried to explain herself while I shook my head.

"Oh please, it's totally fine. Nothing to apologise for, Luce. Can I call you that?", I spoke and she nodded regarding my question.

"Besides I'm sure you wouldn't want to share a bed with a stranger you just met an hour ago", I smiled then began leaving the attic. "Sleep tight", I said walking down the stairs hearing a "you too", from her.

"Why exactly do we have to share a bed?", I asked Lockwood as I saw him placing the bag onto his bed in his room while I walked down the stairs to his room.

"Sharing? Who said anything about sharing? I'll be taking my couch", he turned around facing me with a smile gesturing to the couch over by the windows.

"Oh no, no. I'll be taking the couch. It's your room and your bed", I shook my head stepping into his room.

"I insist, Evie", he smiled then began making room in his closet for me. "You can unpack your things in here", he said gesturing to the space in his closet and I just nodded silently.

"I wouldn't mind sharing", I mumbled under my breath not thinking he would've heard me whispering. But a silence overtook the room and left me awkwardly looking up at him as he stood there speechless.

"We should keep things professional", he spoke clearing his throat pretending he had not heard me a minute ago and I nodded clearing my throat as well.

"Right. Professional", I spoke nodding along to the words seemingly agreeing to him as I tried to ignore the slight ache in my chest when he said those words.

We should definitely keep things professional.