𝟏𝟓 ┆ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

.𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔.
.

In the end I got him to sleep in his bed letting me take his couch.

The cushion was comfy, but I still couldn't close my eyes properly. I sighed rolling over to the side slightly taking a glance at Lockwood as he slept soundly on his back.

The moonlight illuminated the room through the white curtains tinting everything into a silvery-white light. It was not that bright, I would be able to sleep nevertheless, but I couldn't.

Maybe if I could sneak into his bed, I would sleep better? But why? Why would I?

I debated with myself on that matter sighing once again rolling over onto my back trying to close my eyes to force myself to sleep. It didn't really work since I was still awake.

"Come here", I heard Lockwoods voice whisper with a sleepy tone. I froze briefly then turned over to see him already looking at me.

He patted the side next to him as he laid on the right side of the bed. "Come on", he smiled nodding as I rose an eyebrow at him.

I slowly stood up making my way towards the other side of the bed as he held up the covers for me to slip under. He smiled sleepily. I smiled back thankfully as I laid down with my back to him.

Not long after I felt a weight on my side. I opened my eyes a bit to see Lockwoods arm resting on my side pulling me a little closer.

"What happened to keeping things professional?", I whispered to him with a smile.

"I'm simply helping my associate getting a good night of sleep", he mumbled drifting of to sleep.

My smile faded slightly. Right. Associate.

I tried to ignore the comforting weight his arm put in my side closing my eyes with a quiet sigh. I knew I wasn't going to get any sleep tonight, not even now.

My head was swimming with thoughts. First he wants to things professional, now I'm laying in bed with him with his arm draped over my side. How is this any professional?

Seriously, I don't understand him. He wants to be professional, sure thing, now he tries to keep me close to him.

What are we? Associates? Friends? Colleges? Lovers? Best friends?

I ain't got a clue. "I can practically hear you thinking. We will talk in the morning, but for now just relax", I heard him breath out sighing.