𝟐𝟒 ┆𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

.𝑔ℎ𝑜𝑠𝑡𝑙𝑦 𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟.
.

"Lockwood, Evie! Wake up!", I heard Lucy call out as heard running footsteps in the room.

I grumbled weakly opening my eyes. My head was placed onto Lockwoods bare chest while his arm was heavily laying around my waist.

My eyes widened at the position we were in scrambling up to see Lucy slightly smirking at me before her eyes filled with panic once again. "Anthony!", I exclaimed harshly shoving the boy beside me to wake him up which seemed to work as he opened his eyes groaning.

"She's here", Lucy explained at Lockwoods perplex face he seemed to just register her in his room and his arm around my waist which he pulled away immediately after noticing.

"Annabel Ward. The ghost from Sheen Road", Lucy explained walking backwards as we both got out of bed I brushed my shirt into the right place as my well as sweatpants as one leg of it was rolled up my shin.

"Come on, where's your kit bag", Lucy looked around frantically as Lockwood was just starting to wake up fully looking for the bag.

"Downstairs, grab those boots", He spoke throwing over a white T-shirt while Lucy grabbed the black boots. I snickered grabbing them from her before walking to the doorframe throwing them against the wooden white door of Georges room

George opened the door grumpily with heavy eyes boring into mine. He just wore an oversized shirt with undergarments. No trousers.

"Can't you even be bothered to cross the landing to wind me up?", he scoffed as I rolled my eyes.

"Annabel Ward's ghost is here", I explained to him and he scoffed again.

"Well, that's impossible", he shook his head whispering in disbelief. I facepalmed. Can't he just listen?

"Why would I be lying? She was in my room just now!", Lucy explained whispering as well. George sighed.

"Okay. 20 seconds. Non-metaphorical.", he spoke before retreating into his room closing the door behind him.

Lucy looked confused as I chuckled making eye contact with Lockwood.

The door opens again and reveals George without trousers and with gear draped all over his chest. His rapier clutched tightly in his hand while smirking.

"All that and still no trousers?", I ask amused by his appearance crossing my arms over his chest.

"Trousers are for wimps", he smirks back as I roll my eyes grabbing my rapier from the stand next to Lockwoods door in his room.

We walk up the stairs and I can't help but feel rising anxiety building up in the forming pit in my stomach. Lockwoods chest is now adored by an iron chain which he got from George.

George touches the surfaces on the wall never leaving a spot. "I don't feel anything", George whispers not believing Lucy for one second.

He looks behind him to me and I shake my head. "Me neither", I shudder as I feel my hands beginning to freeze slightly. "Never mind that", I mumbled with clattering teeth.

Lockwood behind me grabs my cold hand in his warm one squeezing it reassuringly and I turn around surprised by his gesture. He smiles warmly at me and I nod 'thank you' I mouth at him and he nods back.

"I don't see anything", Lockwoods says looking back ahead at the door to the attic. I turn right around to see a glimmer of the ghost from sheen road disappearing in the door.

"Well I do", I mumbled loud enough for them to hear wanting to step forward to the door, but a tug on my hand keeps me in line behind George.

Lockwood lets go of my hand wrapping the iron chain around it looking ahead. He exhales sharply. We walk up the stairs after George opened the door carefully to not make any noise.