𝟐𝟎 ┆𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

.𝑏𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑒𝑑.
.

"She faded before she reached the wall, but that's where she was headed", Lockwood explained as Lucy nodded deep in thought.

"Chimney breast. Probably where the body is", Lucy chimed in nodding towards the wall as I looked between them with concerned eyes.

"I don't think Misses Hope will like us tearing down her wall", I mused a bit unsure of what to do now. We couldn't just tear it down, not if it got deducted from our payment.

We needed the money. We couldn't afford to make a client angry or even fuming about us.

"Well, unless she likes having a haunted house better, I'd say we have no choice", Lockwood stared at the blue wall in front of us as I sighed.

Lucy and I began to use the filings to make a half circle starting from the wall inside the office. The black crystals shone barely in the light while being poured onto the floor boards.

Lockwood threw the bags in the circle for us nearly throwing me off of my balance for second as I sat crouched. "Hey! Careful", I grumbled as Lockwood chuckled throwing a charming smile my way as I saw Lucy grinning out of the corner of my eye.

"Told you, he likes you", she teased shoving me playfully as she poured the rest out of the filings of the jar.

"Yeah, as friends", I rolled my eyes at her playfully while slightly smiling as Lucy shook her head sighing.

We stood up walking into the circle as I grabbed my crowbar from my bag. We began tearing open the wall as I got a bit wary of the visitor appearing.

It was ticking me off not knowing where that woman was.

I didn't want to test the theory of being immune to ghost touch again. Surviving one ghost touch doesn't mean I am immune to the second one and I didn't want to test that.

Lockwood stepped back with one foot breaking open the circle as he shoved the filings out of the way with the back of his shoe.

"This wall's been replastered", Lockwood said frowning as I sighed silently. He was too focused on tearing that wall down that he didn't notice he broke the circle.

"Careful. You broke the circle", I said shaking my head with a smile as he looked behind him in a rush to look at his shoe in between the filings.

"Oops", he shrugged his shoulders. I laughed at him shaking my head dipping down to renew the circle as he teared open the wall a little more revealing a stone wall behind the now broken plaster.

"And she's back", I grunted as Lockwood tried to open the replastered wall wider to get a better look at the bricks. "You might want to hurry up there", I urged him looking at the direction where Lucy had been staring off again.

I could hear her whispers. Suddenly all the doors slammed shut making both me and Lucy gasped in fright as the female visitor manifested behind a now closed door.

"Boring. You've done that already. Try something new, why don't you?", Lockwood called out laughing at the ghost making me grimace as the ghost felt angrier than it was before Lockwoods comment.

"Don't taunt her, Lockwood. She's angry", I called out to him facing him with a frowning face as Lucy stared at the visitor.

"Nearly there", Lockwood grunted as he teared the opening to the point where we should've just teared down the whole wall by now.