𝟎𝟗 ┆ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

.𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑡ℎ.
.

I stumbled back turning around and mumbling a "sorry", to George as I nearly bumped into him while turning.

"Evie-", George began but I blocked him shaking my head while walking towards the exit.

"I'll be out of your hair by the morning", I mumbled looking briefly over my shoulder to see Lockwoods stern face softening in an instant as he let his arms fall to his sides.

I didn't acknowledge him any further but made my way towards the attic where my room was located. I froze as I stood on top of the stairs looking over the attic.

The sun was halfway down now as it began to set. Tears threatening to spill as I began to pack my bags. I prepared some clothes for tomorrow morning and changed into my pyjamas throwing my worn clothes into the bag.

I looked up at the ceiling trying to overcome the lump building up in my throat as I tried to stop the tears from flowing.

Third person p.o.v

"What the hell Lockwood?!", George said throwing his hands in the air looking at his friend with anger and frustration.

"I messed up, didn't I?", he sighed letting himself fall onto a chair. He hid his face behind his hands letting out a groan.

"Oh you bet your ass you did, Lockwood. She is the best we could get and you let her go", George shakes his head sitting down next to him on a chair at the table.

"God I feel so stupid", he mumbled rubbing his eyes briefly before looking at George.

"Self pity isn't going to solve anything, you know that. You need to go up there and apologise, right now", George got up from his position at the table hoisting Lockwood up by his upper arms and pushing him out of the kitchen.

"Don't come back until you apologised!", George shouted behind the closed door to the kitchen making Lockwood groan while he walked up the stairs to the attic.

He was about to open the door, but then he noticed it was locked. "Evie? Please open the door", he begged knocking softly on the door.

"Why? So you can accuse me of another thing I did to your agency?", she yelled back standing on top of the stairs in the attic room looking down onto the door.

Lockwood winced slightly. He didn't expect her to be this harsh.