SIX

"You wanna kiss me?" I ask, dumbfounded as I was taken aback by his choice of question.

Shawn nods his head and I fumble with the keys in my hand. Quick, think of an excuse - any excuse to not kiss him. My back is against the door and Shawn stands directly in front of me. His left hand is grazing against my right hand as he slowly slides his grip up to my arm.

"I smell like burger."
"I don't care." He says.

"Jasmine," Shawn speaks softly as he brings a hand to the back of my neck.

"Woah, it's happening." I say.

Shawn licks his lips as he leans in and places a kiss at my neck. I close my eyes and tilt my head back against the door. He kissed up my neck before going to my jawline and gently sucking.

"Shawn," I whisper. He lightly blows onto where he sucked and pulls back.

"Now, I'm going to kiss you." He says.
"You are?"

I open my eyes and close them again as I feel Shawn leaning back in. His lips meet mine and it's like I've been punched in the gut. The kiss takes me by surprise and I find myself kissing back at his plump lips. Shawn holds my face in his hands and continued to kiss me. His lips move against mine and I feel his tongue gently poking onto my lower lip.

Just as I open my mouth wider for his tongue, Shawn pulls back. He bites his bottom lip and takes a step back.

"I smell like burger." I blurt. Shawn chuckles before placing his hands in his pockets.

He looks to the side then back at me. "I'll see you tomorrow." Shawn winks at me then goes down the steps and heads to his car.

"Wh-What's tomorrow?" I ask him.
"I'm taking you out on another date." He says.

"Wait, what?" I say.
"See you tomorrow, Jasmine." Shawn winks before getting into his car and then driving off.

I stand there, my back against the door and my keys in my left hand. My heart beat had quickened its pace and I couldn't help but feel like I was floating on air. A small smile formed at my lips as I brought my right hand up and placed my index finger and middle finger at my lips.

He kissed me.

= =

The following morning was a Wednesday and I had an early shift that would be done in the afternoon. I stocked up on the face masks and helped out a few customers before going on my lunch break. Since Paige wasn't working the same shift as me, I decided to go to lunch by myself. As I stepped outside, I realized who worked around here. The two familiar bodies had their backs to me and I quickly ducked back inside the shop.

"Jasmine," my manager Christopher says to me. "Why aren't you on lunch break?"

"You know what, I just remembered - I'm not hungry!" I say.

He narrows his green eyes at me before smirking. "You see a boy out there?"

"No, not at all." I lie. "Chris, I will pay you if you go across to Noddles and bring me my lunch."

"Only if you give me money for a small salad." He replies.

"Deal! Just hurry up and take my money." I say as I hand him my wallet. Chris laughs and exits the shop and I head to the break room and sit down on a seat. While waiting, I took out my phone and began to scroll through my social media and check some emails. As I checked an email, my phone began to buss and I see Paige's contact photo pop up onto the screen. It was of her sleeping at a party she threw at the apartment one time and she was knocked out on the couch, too much vodka in her system, and Jack borrowed some of my eyeliner to draw a mustache and devil horns on her face, along with a penis on the side of her cheek.