forty-nine

-- Shawn --

I sigh, running a hand through my tousled hair. She sits across the table from me. A cup of tea in front of her. "What am I doing wrong?"

Michelle looks at me, pursing her lips to the side. She shrugs, and scratches at her shoulder, causing the strap of her camisole to move. Another flashback hits me.

She moans, panting as she arches her back. I pull at her braid, but accidentally scratch at her shoulder.

I close my eyes tightly, before opening them until the flashback is gone from my mind.

"You're still scared." Michelle tells me.

"Of what?" I ask her. "What am I afraid of?"

She goes silent and looks at me. A dead stare, almost. Fuck me. I know what she's going to say. She opens her mouth and I stop her.

"Don't. Don't say it." I shake my head. "I'm not afraid of myself."

Michelle smirks at me, and shakes her head. "No." She clears her throat. "You're not scared of yourself, okay? You honestly want to know what the fuck it is that you are afraid of? It's her. Jasmine. You are afraid of her and you know it."

Her words take my by surprise. "Her?"

She nods, and a strand of blonde hair falls from behind her ear. "Yes. Her. You are afraid of her."

"What? That is complete bullshit. Please explain to me. How am I afraid of her?" I ask.

"Because she's different from us. She's not like me, or Jocelyn, or Hannah, or Cynthia, or Sienna, or even Stephanie or those random girls that you fucked. No. This girl is completely different because it's the other way around. Instead of having the girls head over heels for you, you're head over heels for her." Michelle says. "And it makes you afraid because this girl is changing you. You used to come in here late at night for a random fuck or just do some stupid drunk shit. But you're here talking to me about this girl that you like."

I'm silent. I can only look at my hands as they wrap around the mug. "Wait," she whispers. I look up at her. "Hold the phone."

She cocks her head to the side, crosses her arms over her chest and has her tongue in her cheek as she studies me.

"What?" I ask her.

She bites down on her lip and nods. "I knew it."

"You knew what?" I ask.

"I should have seen it in your eyes. The moment you walked in here, I knew there was something different." Michelle nods.

"Would you just tell me what it is?"

"Shawn, you love her." She says.

"What? Thats crazy." I reply.

"You love her. And I know that you won't admit it, but you love her. You honestly do. Deep down inside, you're afraid of losing her. But you're more afraid of her breaking your heart. She's changing you and she is making you happier than any of us could.

"She's making you laugh and she's making you hurt. She's making you feel so many things all at once. And you love her for it. I mean, you never took me to Canada to meet your family."

"Michelle, what makes you think I love her?" I ask.

"I know that you love her, Shawn. Because right now, you're thinking about how bad you hurt her. And it's been over a week! And every week, you have come here each night to talk about the same god damn subject: Jasmine. Face it, Shawn. You are in love with her. And you are just so damn blind to see it because the last person you loved is dead."

Afraid | Shawn Mendes जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें