seventy-five

- shawn -

"Shawn, crash my fathers car and he will kill you." Jasmine says to me as I slowly pull out of the garage.

I gently hit the breaks and look at her. "Jasmine, you and I both know that I am, like, the master of pulling out."

Jasmine looks at me, turns back to looking forward out the window, and just sighs. I chuckle at her reaction as he leans her arm against the door and rests her head upon her fist.

"Come on," I nod. "You know you wanna laugh."

She shakes her head before pinching the bridge of her nose and letting out a deep sigh. "God, you're an idiot."

"You liked it," I laugh. "But you kind of set yourself up for the joke, babe, come on. You know you wanna laugh - you want to."

"I hate you sometimes." Jasmine says as she cracks a smile.

"I thought you didn't believe in hating a person?"

Jasmine turns to me and raises an eyebrow. "For you, I'll make an exception."

I laugh and rest my hand on her thigh as I press the gas pedal and pull out the garage all the way and drive out onto the private road. Jasmine fiddled with the radio before leaving it on a Coldplay song. She hummed along to the tune of Viva la Vida and tapped her fingers along her other thigh. The wind blew her hair in many directions, but it didn't phase her. She would tuck and tuck her hair behind her ears and not care about the other strands that kept hitting her face.

I turn to look at her and then look back on the road.

"Where do I make the turn?" I ask as I place both hands on the wheel.

"You still got three more blocks to go." She tells me.

Chandler and Chloe ended up staying in as they both tried to battle their raging hangovers. Being nauseous with a headache and going on a boat wouldn't mix, trust me. So it was going to be just Selma and Matthew with us today.

"So," I begin, "I forgot where we left off on the whole coming to watch me fight, thing."

"Did we come to a conclusion on it?" Jasmine asks me.
"I don't, I don't think we did." I say. "I know you went for the Hail Mary."

"The what?" She asks me.
"The Hail - wow, you really never heard of it?"

"What is it?"
"It's where the girl stops the fight by going for sex."

"Shawn? Are you saying that I started the Hail Mary?"
"Well, yeah. Didn't you?"

"Um, if I'm correct, you were the one who kissed first."
"No, you kissed me first."

"We are not about to have this again," Jasmine says with a smile.
"Have what again?" I ask as I place a hand at her thigh and begin rubbing it up and down. Jasmine slaps my hand away and we laugh and I place both hands back on the wheel.

"I'm serious, Shawn. Where did we leave off?" She asks me.
"Don't come to the fight." I tell her.

"You mean it? Or are you saying that to make me feel better?"
"I mean it. I don't want you to be there. We're both going to be distracted. Plus, I don't want you to see what I'm actually capable of."