sixty-eight

[shawn]

We returned from the Boating Dock two hours later. I had talked to Matthew in private as we cleaned the boat about what to do with Jasmine. He gave me some advice, but it didn't really seem suitable for my situation. To me, it seemed like he and Selma were the perfect couple when he mentioned that their only "big fight" was over who gets to sleep on what side of the bed.

I got inside the house and didn't see Jasmine inside. Her mother was still in the kitchen and was already cooking.

"Mrs. Callaghan, did Jasmine come back yet?" I ask her.

"You make me sound so old. Call me Diana." She says. "And to answer your question, you just missed her."

"Do you know where she went?"
"She went to the store around the end of the block. She needed something."

I nod. "I, can I ask you for advice on something?"

"Sure. What is it?" She stops cutting and gives me her full attention. I pull up a stool from the kitchen island and take a seat.

"Hypothetically, lets say Jasmine thought that I was mad at her. What would you suggest that I do?" I ask.

"Well, I hope you know that she tends to overthink things." She replies.
"I'm aware of that."

"This is what I would do; I would let her know that you're not mad. But I'm also not going to tell you how to do it."
"Why not?"

"This is between you and her. You should decide on how to let her know that you're not mad at her. Now, have you two ever gotten into little arguments before?" She asks.
"Yes," I reply.
"And how have you two gotten over it?"

Bed spring squeaks, headboard bangs, and moans fill my ears. Well, Mrs. Callaghan, after we have an argument we like to have sex until the break of dawn or until Jasmine orgasms and I cum.

"An apology," I say. It kinda was the truth. I mean, sex was our way of apologizing at times.

"Give her an apology. A heartfelt one."

"I want to, I just feel like she won't listen to me. Or what I have to say." I say.

"Okay, here's the thing about Jasmine."

"I know a lot of things about Jasmine, I just don't know how to get her to listen to me."

"You have to catch her off guard."
"So scare her?"

"No, don't scare her. She startles easily." Diana warns me in a stern voice. "Her father made that mistake after scaring her. Ended up with a trip to the hospital. Shawn, I know you mean well, but I think your best bet is to wait for her to come back."

"Okay," I nod. "Thank you."
"Can I ask, what was it about?" She asks me.

"She told me she's going off to college. And I didn't, you know, reply to her on time. I was just, taking it in."
"So that's it?"

"Stupid, I know." I say.
"You know, it actually reminds me of the first fight that Ian and I had back in the summer of '86."