fifty-seven

When I wake up it's one in the afternoon. My mom was expecting Shawn and I to be at her place at eight. She said she was going to make a dinner for us. But really she was just excited because everyone will be together and finally all her chairs in the dining room will be filled.

Shawn had dropped me off at my place last night before he drove off to his. He called me as soon as he got inside his place, which was around 3 in the morning.

I got up from bed and immediately bolted for the bathroom. My hand covered my mouth for a brief moment before I puked into the toilet bowl. I hold my hair back, puking more and more.

A hangover. Great...

After throwing up for a good two minutes, I rinse my mouth with mouthwash before brushing them. Then, I jump into the shower. My head started to throb and pulse with an annoying headache. I should remind myself to never drink again! When I get out the shower, I head to get a Tylenol and a glass of water.

Last night at the party, Shawn and I both drank some more when we got back. Mainly me, but that's because Chris and I kept playing beer pong in the backyard. Shawn decided it was time for me to go when I got on top of the kitchen island and started dancing with some random girls.

I brush the damp tangles out of my hair as I walk back into my bedroom. My suitcase was on my bed. It was empty and I was still having a hard time packing. We would be in the Hampton's for about a week. So I knew that I would need some casual clothes and maybe a spring dress or two.

I remove the robe, letting it fall to the floor as I put on my underwear and bra. Grabbing a random shirt, I put it on along with a pair of running shorts. This suitcase was going to be packed, and I was not going to procrastinate.

After two hours, I was finished packing. I still needed to pick up the dress and then pick up Shawn.

I grab my phone off my desk and dial his number. He picks up on the third ring.

"Hello?" He answers.
"Hey, are you ready?" I ask him.
"Yeah. I just finished packing."
"Great. I'll pick you up in about half an hour?"
"Sounds good," Shawn says.
"Okay, bye."

I hang up and place my phone in the pocket of my shorts and zip up my suitcase. After doing so, I grab it and walk out of my room, heading downstairs. Downstairs, Paige and Jack are on the couch, looking at something on her laptop.

"Hey," I say to Jack. "I didn't know you were gonna be here."

"Paige wanted to know what kind of furniture to get for our room in Chicago." Jack replies.

Paige turns to look at me, "Are you all set?"

"Yeah," I reply, placing my luggage on the floor.

"So how long will you be gone for?" Paige asks.

"A week." I say. She and Jack look at each other and share the same facial expression. "Okay if you're going to have crazy sex all over the place, please wipe down wherever you do it. And no doing it in my bedroom!"

"Got it," Paige chuckles. She and Jack go back to looking at furniture for Chicago while I head back upstairs to pack some of my toiletries and my laptop in my old duffel bag. Ten minutes later, I head out with my luggage and put it into the backseat of the car. I start the car and to Shawn's place.

After honking two times, he comes out with a suitcase. I get out the car and climb into the passenger seat as he puts his stuff in the trunk, getting into the drivers seat afterwards.

"Oh, can you take me to the bridal shop on Elmwood and Third Street?" I ask him as he starts to drive.

"Bridal shop?" Shawn asks me. "I thought that you had already gotten the bridesmaid dress."

I run my hand through my hair and let out s sigh. "Yes, but Selma had a late vision of our dresses. So I have to pick it up."

"So is she bridezilla?"

"For the moment," I reply. Shawn lets out a weak laugh and makes a right onto the main street.

Shawn's awfully quiet, but I just take it as he's nervous to meet my family at the wedding. I take out my phone and send a text to my mother, letting her know that we would be there in half an hour.

"So, what day is the actual wedding?" Shawn asks me.

"The seventh," I reply. "Why?"

"Just asking." Shawn clears his throat and his fingers rhythmically tap against the steering wheel. "So, what was her late vision for the dresses?"

"She figured that if she was going to do a beach wedding, the dresses have to match." I reply.

"Have you seen them?"

"No. Which reminds me, I should try on the dress at the store." I lean over and lower the radio. "Are you okay?"

"What? Yeah." Shawn replies. "Why would you ask me that?"

I shrug. "You just seem pretty nervous. And you're never like that."

"I'm just nervous to be meeting your whole family, that's all." Shawn replies. He rests a hand on my thigh and I sit back in my seat, resting my hand on his.

We arrive at the bridal shop fifteen minutes later. I stood in the dressing room with a tailor as she checked if everything with the dress was just right.

The dress was a new style and new color. It was a long, straight down light pink, silk dress with spaghetti straps and a half sweetheart neckline, and a low back plunge.

"Does it fit you right, dear?" The tailor asked me.

"Yes," I nod, "thank you."

"Okay. Do you want to let your fiancé see it?"

I look at her and let out a small chuckle. "He's not my - no. He's just my boyfriend."

"Oh, my apologies." She smiles. "Step out the dress please. I'll get it ready."

She exits the room, leaving me to change out the dress and back into my clothes. I put my hair into a loose side braid and then exit the dressing room. The woman stands there at the front of the shop talking with Shawn.

Shawn laughs, slightly throwing his head back as his hands are in his front pockets.

"I felt embarrassed to have said it out loud." She chuckles.

"You're not the first person who has told me that." Shawn replies.

The lady spots me and she and Shawn stop talking. "The dress is ready."

Shawn turns around and I walk over to take the dress from her hands. "Thank you," I smile at her.

"No problem. Enjoy!"
"Thanks," I tell her.

Shawn places a hand at my lower back and he waves goodbye to the woman. "Let's go, fiancé."

¥
another poopy, filler chapter. i updated the cover, let me know what you guys think about it. also: ive been working on a new shawn story, would you guys be interested in reading it? the updates would be slow, kind of sluggish, but i would post the first chapter during the first week of August. let me know if you guys would be interested in a new shawn book?