fourteen

"Are you hungry?" Shawn asks me as we enter the front door of Matt and Jack's house.

"Starving!" I groan as I plop down on the couch.

The door opens again and in walks Matt. "Callaghan! What the hell are you doing here?"

"Well your buddy here kind of kidnapped me so I'm spending the night." I reply.

"Nice. I get to mess with you all night then." Matt says as he sits on top of me and I groan. "Oh, am I too heavy?" He asks, only to somehow manage to put more weight on me.

"You suck!" I hit him in the arm and he gets off of me.

"Wanna go for a swim?" Shawn asks me.

"Sure," I grab my bag and get up, "let me get changed."

I run up to the bathroom and lock the door upon entering. My bathing suit is my favorite two piece. The bottoms are briefs and the top is styled like a sports bra. And the best part? The design. It's a pink two piece with cute green cartoon alligators imprinted. After I got changed, I undid my hair from the French braid I had it in all day and let it loose, then put on a pair of cotton shorts and a tee and head out the bathroom.

"So what, you guys fucking?" I hear lowly said as I'm about to step into view of Shawn and Matt. I quietly hide and listen into what they're saying.

"Come on, you can tell us." Us? It must be Jack and Matt.

"We're not fucking," I hear Shawn say. He sighs, but I can't see what he's doing. "And what the hell do you know about relationships Jack Ass?" Okay, he's obviously talking to Jack.

"Yeah, who the hell let's a girl like Paige Bradley go?" Matt chimes in.

"Yeah, why did you guys break up?" Shawn asks Jack. Yes. Now I can hear his side.

"Alright so I found out that she got accepted into these colleges in another state and she's got a place there already." He begins.

No! He's gonna tell Shawn! I quickly step out and they stop talking. Jack quickly clears his throat and Shawn sees me.

"Okay, this is gonna sound weird," Matt begins, "but is it okay if I photograph you?"

Jack and Shawn both groan.

"Why?" I ask Matt.

"Because, a good friend of mine - you all remember Joey, right? - anyways, Joey has an Art Gala coming up and he's looking for some new items to put on the walls." Matt explains.

"Yeah, but you don't even take photos dip-shit." Jack says, tossing the couch throw pillow at him with force.

"Hey, watch your fucking mouth in front of Jasmine, you inconsiderate dick." Matt says. "Anyways, I took photography in high school. So with my experience, I need to photograph you and maybe Shawn."

"That sounds stalker-ish." Jack says.

"She's not gonna want to do it." Shawn says from the kitchen.

"I'll do it." I smile at Matt.

"You're serious?" Shawn asks me.

"Mm hmm." I nod at Shawn. "It's could be fun. Come on, do it with me."

"Yeah Shawn, do it with her." Jack says in a perverted tone. Matt throws the pillow at him and it whacks him in the face.

"I'll think about it." Shawn says.

"Are you guys going for a swim?" Matt asks.

"Yeah." Shawn responds as he grabs towels from a nearby closet.

"Let me get my camera. I need an action shot." Matt gets up from the couch to go collect his camera.

"Ya know if you both hurry, you can get into the pool and have your alone time as a couple before he gets back." Jack tells us.

"Oh, shut up." Shawn says, smacking him on the back of the head as we head out to the backyard. Although I was at his place before, I never really got to see the yard.

The yard was quite big; small enough to be a yard, but big enough to hold about 100 people or so. There were four lawn chairs, two on opposite side of the pool. The pool was a long rectangle in the ground with stairs and a diving board. For three guys living together who weren't even twenty, they had a "bachelor pad" theme going on.

"How can you guys afford this? A pool? A house? And a guest house?" I ask Shawn.

"Since freshman year, the guys and I have been saving. And our parents chipped in." He replied as he began to take off his shirt. Shawn changed into his swim trunks as I was observing the scenery of the yard.

"What do your parents do if you don't mind me asking?"

"Well Matt's mom works at a bank, and his dad is a doctor. Jack's dad is an architect, and his mom is an interior designer. And my dad is a lawyer, and my mom is a journalist-turned-therapist."

"Wow."

"Wow is right." He sounds a bit bored talking about this. I take off my shorts and shirt and go to the diving board. As I get ready to jump, Shawn comes up from behind me and pushes me into the water.

I dive into to deep, cold water and kick my legs as hard and fast as I can to get to the top. Once I submerge, I hear and see Shawn laughing.

"You suck!"

"Awe come on," he laughs, "it can't be that bad."

After spitting out water from my mouth, I cup my hands under the water and bring them up fast to the surface, wetting Shawn.

"You like that, huh?" He asks me as I giggle and continue to splash him. "You think that's funny, Jasmine?"

"Yes I do." I smile.

"Alright. Do it again." He orders.

I splash him with water again and before I can even blink, Shawn jumps into the water and swims to me. I scream as he manages to go under my legs and place my thighs on his shoulders. He stands up and holds onto my legs and I place my hands lightly in his hair.

"I'm gonna drop you!" He warns.

"No!" I laugh.

"I'm gonna do it!"

"Shawn!" I squeal. "Don't!"

"Got it!" We turn and see Matt with his camera in his hands. Matt looks at us in the pool and frowns. "You couldn't wait at least two minutes?"

"He pushed me in." I tell Matt.

"Whatever! I'll get the shot some other time." Matt grumbles and walks back towards the house.

"I still love you!" Shawn shouts to Matt. Matt turns around and gives me the finger before slipping into the house.

Taking me by surprise, Shawn lets go of me and I fall back wards into the pool. I open my eyes underwater and grab one of Shawn's legs and he falls underwater as well. As he goes under, I come up to catch my breath.

Shawn comes up and spits water at me from his mouth. "You're good, Callaghan."

"Thanks, I try." I smile as I swim little circles around him.

"But I'm better." He says and quickly catches me and throws me onto his shoulder.

"No no no no no, don't drop me!" I scream.

"Say you're sorry for splashing me." He says as he slowly sinks into the water.

"Not a chance." I laugh at him.

"Well, I tried." Shawn says. I hear him hold his breath and go underwater, taking me with him.