twenty-six

After work, Paige and I went straight home. Shawn would pick me up later and then he would spend the night at my place. When we got home, Paige obviously felt awkward still.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask her.

"I think we should just...never mention that again." She said.

"Are you going out tonight?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna meet up with an old friend of mine. What about you?"

"Movie night with Shawn. He's spending the night afterwards. Is that fine?"

"Um, I'm not really sure that's the best idea." She tells me.

"Why not? When you were with Jack he would spend the night all the time and you wouldn't even tell me. I'd have to spend the night hearing you two moan and swear all the time." I reply.

"Fine, go ahead." Paige says as she walks to the door, opening it to leave. "I'll be back late." And with that, she left. Shawn was gonna be here in thirty minutes and I was still in my work clothes.

I quickly run to my room and undress. Standing in front of my closet in my bra and underwear, I decide on wearing old cheer practice shorts, and a volley ball tee. Midnight screenings of scary films were always my favorite. You get to go in your most comfortable clothing, preferably lazy clothes, and relax, eat junk food, and watch a movie. Sometimes I even fall asleep. Depending on how boring the film is. But that's only happened about once or twice. I head into the bathroom and remove the little makeup I had on from earlier in the day, but spare my eyebrows.

The doorbell rings and I head downstairs to open the front door. Shawn stands there and he puts his bag inside before we get into his car.

"How did Paige react at home?" Shawn asks me as he starts driving down the highway.

"She's still upset. But I'm sure she'll get over it." I tell Shawn as I flip through radio stations, settling on a Fleetwood Mac song.

"Wait, why is she mad anyways?"

I sigh, "Because I was supposed to tell her about it first, rather than keep it a secret."

"Did you want to tell her?"

"No."

"Then? What's she mad about? If you wanted to keep something personal to yourself then she shouldn't be mad. Don't think that any of this is your fault, alright?"

"But it's just...she always does this. If I don't tell her about anything you did, she finds out from your friends."

He cocks his head to the side. "What do you mean my friends?"

"Shawn," I sigh, "I know that you've told your friends about all the stuff we've done together."

"Who told you that lie?"

"Paige did. She told me how you always tell your friends everything we do."

"Jasmine, I've never told any one them what we've done. The things I've done with other girls? Yeah. But with you? Never in a million years. Except for earlier today when Jack overheard." Shawn explains.

"Wait...so how did she ever find out then?" I ask.

"Does she tease you? Like pretend that she knows about something, but really doesn't, making you spill what happened?"

I had to think for a moment. And then it all made sense now. She acted like she didn't know everything I've done with Shawn. And she and Charlie even got me to spill about Shawn's size. "I feel like such an idiot."