1.19

ADAMS POV

we were all standing in the lab as davenport was to my right and cadence was to my left with chase and bree were beside her. leo was next to davenport.

"okay, guys, you have been trained for all kinds of missions. but you are about to enter a soul bruising, confidence crushing apocalyptical environment: high school." davenport said. i gave him a look as i tilted my head. "adam, bree, your glitch tests are fairly stable." he said as i put my hand over my chest.

"yes! i'm going to school!" bree said. i don't know why she cared about school she should care that we're fairly stable.

"i'm fairly stable!" i said pumping my fists. "but chase i am still concerned about your commando app." davenport said. cadence looked at chase with sorrow in her eyes. it looked like she was sorry for him. why would she need to be sorry for chase?

"commando app?" cadence asked davenport as her forehead creased. "put on some underpants we're going to school." leo said with disgust on his face.

"no, see, in the face of an imminent threat, chases commando app kicks in and he becomes a fearless brute i like to call spike." davenport said. i lifted up my eyebrows up and down. "it's kind of like a fight or flight thing, more of a fight."

"don't worry mr davenport. i promise that spike won't rear his ugly head." chase tried to convince him. "oh yeah? you mean like last christmas when i made the mistake of giving adam boxing gloves?" davenport said as we all looked back on the memory.

"ugh. i'm still coughing up tinsel." i said moving my nose. "you know letting chase go to school isn't such a great idea." davenport said.

"come on davenport. we'll make sure spike doesn't show." cadence told him as she pouted her lip. "mr davenport i can't miss school. this is the beginning of my academic achievements and career trajectory. i mean, the road to a astronaut lawyer has to start somewhere." chase said. all i heard was blabber as chase said those big words.

"okay. but i better not get a call from the art teacher saying that spike ripped out her larynx. actually, she wouldn't be able to say anything, because spike ripped out her lar- the point us just keep him out of trouble." davenport said as we all had smiles on our face.

i found the boxing gloves and put them on my hands as i went up to davenport. "hey, look what i found." i smiled. i started punching the air and then punched chase and realized what i had done as chase fell to the floor. "look, i'm sorry, but if he's that close to the gloves, it's gonna happen." i said as i punched my hand out.