1.49

"alright, tasha. your totally tech free weekend starts now." davenport said. him and tasha walked over to us with a huge smile on here face.

"great. i'm gonna go claim our spot. i don't like talkative people." tasha said as she gave us all a smile.

"you go ahead, i'll be right there." davenport told her. "okay." she smiled and walked out of the RV.

adam, bree, and chase all tried to leave the RV but mr davenport stopped them. "woah, woah, woah. where do you guys think your going? did you forget about the solar flare?" davenport asked. he pointed behind him as we all had a confused look on our faces.

"what do you expect us to do? bionics can't stop a solar flare." chase told him as he tried to get me to come over to him but i didn't want to get wrapped into that. i have a free day and i'm not going to waste in a RV.

"no, but i have something that can." he said as he moved a picture off of the wall and put his hand on the pad.

just then the RV turned into like a little mini lab. it was really cool. i looked around in awe as chase wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"welcome to the davenport industries mobile action lab." davenport had a huge grin on his face as we turned around to look at him.

"very impressive Big D." leo said with a smile on his face. "you're the master of the ta-da moment!"

davenport shook his hands out in front of him and then sang the words 'ta-da'.

"i call her the ugly lady because it's what on the inside that counts. you guys will launch the rocket just like in your training simulations. it will block the solar flare by releasing a cloud of heavy gas into the atmosphere." davenport explained to us.

"ooh."

"cool!"

"sweet!"

"nice!"

"you're goin down, sun!" you all know who said that. yes, it was the one and only adam. my best friend. he's a real blonde sometimes. i have my moments as well so i can't exactly blame him.

everyone gave adam a look as davenport went back to talking. "this supercomputer is calculating the precise time that you need to launch the rocket. it could be minutes, it could be hours. you'll just have to wait and see." davenport told them.

"in here." bree asked him. "but we're supposed to go to the beach." she complained.

"yeah, and i was supposed to be six foot one. life is full of disappointments." davenport told them as him and adam looked at each other.

"great. so we all have to pay the price for another short guy with an axe to grind." chase said walking in between adam and bree.

"look, guys, focus. it takes all three of you to initiate the sequence. once the alert sounds, you'll have a 2 hour window to launch the rocket before the flare becomes unstoppable. got it?" davenport looked at them with question on his face.

"yeah, we got it." bree said. "saving the worlds gonna ruin my vacation. stupid world!" bree complained again.

"guys, come on! you're missing all the fun!" tasha said as she opened the RV door. "there is a bulldog in sunglasses riding a surfboard!" tasha told us. we all had smiles on our faces. well, adam, bree, and chase looked anxious like they wanted this solar flare to hurry up and happen so they can actually enjoy some of their weekend. "ooh! never mind!" she said and closed the door to the RV.

"be right there, honey!" davenport shouted from inside. "look as soon as you guys launch the rocket and save the world, you can get outta here and go get your beach on. wow. what, still nothing?" they all shook their heads at him. "you know what? i don't need your approval. i'm rich!" davenport told them as leo spoke up.

"am i the only one who thinks launching a rocket is cool?" leo asked as we all looked at him. "Big D go slather some SPF fifty...thousand." leo said as he looked davenport up and down. "i got this." leo told him.

"no, the only thing you've got is the uncanny ability to break the most expensive thing in the room." davenport said as he moved leo and i away from the desk. why'd he move me away? last time i broke soemthing of his was 2 weeks ago! well me and leo did...

"is this about your guitar?" leo asked davenport as i scratched my neck nervously.

"what about my guitar?" davenport asked leo as he looked at me for answers.

"let's go!" i piped up holding onto leo's arm. "we're missing the surfing bulldog!" leo said this time finishing my sentence. "we're goin!"

"what about my guitar?" davenport asked running after us as it only made us run faster.

hey guys, sorry i've been so inactive. i've had SATs all week and those are a pain in the butt!

anyways, i've also had readers block for some reason to where i didn't want to write this chapter but i got through it for y'all.

i didn't want y'all to think that i just gave up on this story after not posting for like three days at the most maybe four.

anyways, i have two new story's i'll be doing shortly. i already posted one of the JJ maybank story. i'll figure something out for the rafe cameron one. i've got a few ideas.

anyways the only reason i didn't make cadence stay in the RV is because i think itd be boring to write with her in the RV most of the time.

but i'll put something in later, i can't say yet. but i've got a few ideas. i would tell y'all but we'll just have to see when i post the next chapter. it may be a little. i may post later today or tonight. i'm not sure.