1.56

BREE, ADAM AND I MADE OUR WAY TO CHEER TRYOUTS. there was no doubt in my mind that they'd add me back to the team since i have been on the team for a while until i quit.

they still don't understand why i did. i didn't want to tell anyone but it was to much for me to take. having to go to practice, games, schoolwork, tests. it was just too much. i was already on the basketball team and softball team. i couldn't take being on the cheer team but now i guess i have to deal with it all over again and keep in the dark about it.

i sighed, "you guys ready for this?" i was nervous yeah. i don't know why i was so nervous but i was. "bree, if one of us makes the team you guys have to promise me that a sport won't get in the way of our friendship." i looked back and forth between bree and adam.

"we promise." bree gave me a small smile as adam started jumping up and down. "yeah! let's do this! whoo!"

i sighed, "alright, let's do this guys." i mumbled to myself. it was more directed to me so i could have confidence in myself.

"we got this."

we walked in through the double doors of the gym, seeing different girls trying out. their skills were off as they kept changing different things.

adam snickered, "well, at least we got a better chance than any of them." he paused. "they just suck." he laughed.

"okay, adam. there's no need to be mean about it." i laughed lightly at adams antics.

"can i try out before you two?" adam asked us as he turned around to face the both of us.

"if you say a number 1-10 and get it right you can go before us." bree suggested to him, crossing her arms over her chest.

"oh, uhm, four!"

"nope, you lose." bree said in a sing song voice.

"how do you always win with that game?" adam complained.

i patted his shoulder, "don't worry. you'll get it someday." he was never going to get it someday. bree was always going to beat him at the game.

"next we have cici.." which was the nickname the cheerleaders would call me. "and...adam and bree?" i don't think she knew how to say her name. "and cheer." she put on a fake smile.

this is why i didn't like cheerleading. our girls were fake.

"we're dynamite! we're dynamite! we're tick tick tick—"

"okay, okay, i've heard enough." she looked at bree. "better luck next year. "and welcome to the squad!" she walked over to adam and i. adam tried to give her a hug as she stopped him. "oh, pinky hug."

bree was hurt by what the girl had said. i would've been too if she had said that to me. "how is that possible?! i know cadence has been on the team before but how did adam make it and not me?! he spent all morning wearing my pom poms as a wig." bree complained to the girl.

"oh, not a wig!" adam defended. he leaned over to me. "secret agent disguise." he whispered in my ear.

"we need someone to catch us when we dismantle the pyramid. cadence is good at doing flips in the air so she'll be on top—as always." she bragged about me. "there have been a few problems." she looked at the girl behind her who had on a neck brace.

"okay.." i was starting to get uncomfortable. "let's not brag about whose good and stuff." i let out a nervous laugh.

"it's ironic becuase she a total pain in the neck." the girl looked offended to what she had just said. "see ya at rehearsal! him and cadence, not you." she gave bree a dirty look.

i put a hand on bree's shoulder, "hey, i'm sorry. maybe next time you'll make it?" i said more as a question.

she shrugged off my hand and scoffed, walking off. adam was the next to try to comfort me. "hey, she's just jealous we're better than her." he shrugged his shoulders.

"it just doesn't feel right. she wanted so badly to be on the team and didn't even make it. i feel guilty somehow."

"i mean, you have been on the team before. there was only one spot left but they let me on the team ." he shrugged again.

"that's not the point though, adam. let's just get home, yeah?"