1.20

LEOS POV

we walked into the cafeteria with cadence and adam beside me as chase was next her and bree next to adam. "okay, you guys. that's principal perry. she has the temperament of a junkyard dog stuffed into a really bad pant suit." i told adam, bree, and chase.

"hey, you! no tongue rings in school! don't try to hide it." she shook her head slowly. "i will take a metal detector to your face!" she exclaimed as she walked over to the kid.

"so, yeah. that's perry." cadence pointed at her as principal perry was distracted by the kid.

bree looked at us as a boy was walking towards us. "this is it. my chance for romance. on tv, the new girl always drops her books and the cute guy with soulful eyes picks them up." bree smiled as she looked at cadence.

"umm, bree, i don't think that's how it works-" cadence said as bree dropped her books and a teacher slipped and fell over them.

"sorry! i'm new!" bree shouted at him.

"okay, your social life is determined by where you sit. we can't sit at the cool table. but we can be the cool table adjacent." i smirked as i looked at cadence.

"um, adam already sat down at the cool table." cadence told me as i looked over there with wide eyes.

"what?!" i exclaimed. he can't sit there we'll get hurt by the jocks. "he can't sit there! that's where the football players sit with the cheerleaders." i said as cadence started talking. "and they pride themselves on finding very clever places to stuff your pudding cup." cadence said as she looked down at her feet as we all looked at her.

"those girls are actually talking to him. and they can't talk about shapes and colors forever." chase said moving his head around. "see ya." chase said. he then walked off.

i looked at cadence as i saw a little of jealousy, hurt, and sadness in her eyes. no one else would be able to tell because she quickly replaced it with a smile as she saw me looking. i knew her too well. does she like chase? no, she can't.

"the football players are gonna turn them into the 5th food group." i looked at bree. "it's a rescue mission. move in. move in." i told cadence and bree.

"oh, hey, cadence. these girls just told me i'll be getting a free pudding cup from the football players." adam said dumbly. sometimes he has the stupidest stuff to say.

"hi!" i waved awkwardly at one of the cheerleaders. "walk away." i mumbled to chase who was next to me. "how's it going?" i asked. "you're in great danger." i mumbled again to chase.

just then the football players came inside chanting. just then one of the football players smelled me and i moved out of the way. "sorry." i said. he placed his hand on the table and touched chases head as cadence was standing next to him and chase.

"hey, that's my seat. get lost before i use you like a napkin." he said to chase. "don't you touch him." cadence warned as she hit the football player. he then knocked her to the ground as chase looked at him with anger in his eyes.

chase then wrapped his arms on the other side of the football player and smashed him down on the table. "think again, bubbleneck. and dont you dare push down this nice lady again." spike said coming out of chase. "i'm gonna rip out your kneecaps and use them as hockey pucks." spike said as adam fumbled to get to us.

"okay, i don't mean to alarm anyone, but i think spikes back." adam pointed at spike as he threw the football player.

"you have no idea who you're messing with." the football player pointed at spike. "okay? pudding cups!" he said as he lifted his arms and his teammates gave him pudding.

"ooh, i'll take those." spike said. "hey!" the football player said as spike squeezed the pudding and it got all over the football players.

"you're dead!" the football player screamed as spike roared at him and the football players backed up. "you, okay, okay. you're lucky that we have to go to the reading center right now." the football player pointed to spike as he ran out of the gym.

"here, let me help you up pretty lady." spike smirked as he helped up a blushing cadence. everyone then started clapping as i heard her mumble a thanks to spike.

"take a seat compadres." spike said pulling out a seat for cadence. "this is our table now." he said as he sat in the chair next to her and put his feat in the table.

"hello, ladies." i said walking up to the cheerleader's. "you may remember me from health class when i passed out during the miracle of birth video." i smirked. "it's good to see you again." i said to the brown haired cheerleader.