1.24

BREE'S POV

it was 23-17, the dingos were ahead by 6 points. we all huddled together and started talking about our plan. perry then came in through us and told us there was only 7 seconds left.

"now remember kids, there's no shame in losing. oh, wait. yes, there is!" perry said as we all scowled at her. "there's the old perry!" cadence exclaimed as perry walked off and said 'game on'.

"alright, we have time for one more play." cadence told us. "spike, you scored every touchdown today. you score one more and we win." leo said. he pointed at spike as he agreed with him that he could.

"give me the ball. if i don't come with their spleens, you'll know i failed." spike said. he then walked ahead all of us with his head high and shoulders back. he then started acting weird. i think chase is back.

"wait! where am i?" chase said turning around. he looked really confused. i feel bad using him like this to be honest. "and am i wearing a jock strap?" he asked us.

"oh no. it's chase." i said looking at adam, cadence, and leo. "we need spike back!" as i started hitting his head. "where is he? where is spike?" i said. cadence started pulling me off of chase.

"calm down. it's not his fault." cadence told me. i agreed with her, i did. but we need spike back.

"hey, let's go! we don't have all day!"

"time out!" leo called.

"i told you. i don't wanna be spike. look, i've been waiting for my first day of school for 15 years. and now i don't even remember it." chase said slapping his arms in his leg.

"well, when you put it that way. i just feel selfish." leo said. cadence went up to chase as she side hugged him and asked for forgiveness. she's really bad with guilt. you should have seen her when she accidentally broke a vase that davenport didn't even like.

"yeah." i said as adam put a hand on chases shoulder. "oh come on! snap out of it! i wanna win!" adam shook him around.

"no, he's right." cadence stood up for chase. "come on, guys, we can still win this thing. and even if we don't what do we have to lose?" he asked us.

"our table." adam said.

"popularity." i pointed out.

"not getting bullied." cadence suggested.

"everything." leo said giving chase a look.

"come on, we playing football or putt putt?" trent asked us with his hands in the air.

"here's what we're gonna do." leo said. he told us what we were doing. we got ready and called time in so we can finish the game.

"adam, assume the position." leo told adam. "all right, this is the last time i'm doing this." adam pointed at leo.

adam got ready as leo said hike. adam then gave him the ball through his legs. leo gave chase the ball as we started going on different sides to get open.  we all started saying his name as he tried to dodge the football players. just then two of the football players knocked chase over making him do a backflip and fall on the ground. they tackled on top of him as cadence ran over.

"hey, get off of him." she said trying to get all the players off of chase. finally they did and she helped him up as perry said that the dingos won.

"see ya in the cafeteria, alpha duds." trent laughed. "oh! and the puddings on you." he said as he walked off with everyone else.

"well, we may not be the alpha dogs anymore, but at least we still have each other." chase said. cadence then put her arm over his shoulder as he put his over hers. "we're not total nobodies."

"no, we are total nobodies, but at least i have you four to carry my broken butt home." leo said as he collapsed. cadence grabbed his leg as adam grabbed the other leaving me and chase to grab his arms as we carried him home.