1.54

THE COP THEN SLAMMED THE JAIL CELL IN OUR FACES

THE COP THEN SLAMMED THE JAIL CELL IN OUR FACES. chase was wrong. he was so wrong.

"you were saying chase?" i turned to him getting agitated. he gave me a sheepish smile as he backed away, sitting on the bench that was behind us.

he sighed, rubbing his neck. "so, maybe i was wrong. he's a real cop." i gave him a look as i went to go stand next to bree.

i looked up at her, "so, how are we going to get out of here? i mean, it's not like davenport is going to get put in here too."

"okay, there's only one thing left we can do." chase paused, looking between bree and i. "we have to tell davenport." he suggested to us.

adam scoffed, "ugh. i'll just call him." he paused. "davenport!!" as he said that davenport came into the room.

"huh. good job, adam. it worked." i was only trying to make him feel better about himself. chase can sometimes bring him down.

adam laughed in disbelief, "i can't believe that worked!" he exclaimed, putting his arm around my shoulders.

"i did not steal anything." davenport defended himself. "that woman committed assault with a deadly floatie!" the officer dragged him into the cell closing it shut behind him.

davenport yelled, seeing that we were all in the same cell. "hey, davenport..." i gave him a sheepish smile, waving my hand shyly. chase, bree, and adam mimicked my wave as leo got up.

he walked up to davenport, putting his hands together. "long story short, big D—botched mission, world is doomed, solar flares a comin. oopsie!" he smiled, shyly. i had to cover my mouth from laughing at his use of words.

davenport looked pretty mad at us right about now. "you know, an hour ago, i was a little freaked out becuase i didn't know what was happening, but now i think i prefer the mystery." he raised his voice a little making me flinch at his words. "what are we gonna do?" why was he asking us?

adam trying to be helpful, "i can use my strength to break us out." it was actually a good idea we just have to distract the officer.

davenport pointed at adam, "good one. okay, we have to figure out a way to distract captain cocoa butter over there." he pointed his thumb to the hippie officer.

"if only we had a burrito or, like, a monster wave, dude." bree mimicked the officer.

chase didn't seem amused as i walked over to him and wrapped my arm around his torso. "oh, chase, lighten up." i pecked him cheek as he smiled down at me.

he sighed, "i'm trying but bree and adam can be really annoying most of the time." he complained to me. i loved when he talked to me so i could figure out what to tell him.

"well." i paused. "i kind of understand. leo's been like my brother ever since tasha and him took me him. siblings will fight and bicker— probably for most of their life. sometimes adam and i don't get along. same with bree and i. it's different with you though since you are their sibling. you'll figure it out." i smiled up at him, pecking his lips, making him smile.