1.65

YOU AND ADAM BEFRIENDED THE NEW KID; MARCUS. you didn't know his last name though; he wouldn't tell you for some reason. that made you a little suspicious. other than that, he was a cool kid.

you liked his guitar. when chase found out that you had a liking for marcus he started to be over protective of you and jealous. you reassured him that he had nothing to worry about though.

leo told me that he didn't trust marcus. i tried to tell him that it was okay; that's he's just new to the school but he wouldn't let up.

leo and i walk up to marcus, chase and adam, "hey, peeps. what's the deelio?" i crossed my arms over my chest, giving marcus a little wave.

marcus put out his hand for leo to fist bump, "hi, i'm marcus." he acted as if he didn't know leo. they have gym class together.

"i know. we have gym class together." no answer. "and study hall. and also chemistry." leo looked dumbfounded as marcus didn't seem to remember him at all. "we're lab partners." he said annoyed with marcus.

marcus squinted his eyebrows, "oh. i...did not know that." marcus then turned to me, "hey, cadence!" he smiled really big.

leo let his mouth hang open since marcus didn't remember him but remembered me. it was kind of weird but i didn't think anything of it.

"hi, marcus." i smiled, giving him a little wave back. marcus turned around to face chase, "chase, do you play the guitar?" he asked him.

chase shrugged his shoulders, "no, but i always wanted to." he admitted out loud. i remember vividly about how chase told me he wanted to learn how to play the guitar.

"well, i'm a hammer as well." leo said, sounding offended. "my rocking is only eclipsed by my rolling." he told them.

chase gave him a confused look, "leo, your mom said you played the clarinet for three weeks until you swallowed the reed." i had to stifle my laugh since i didn't want to come off as mean.

"it passed."

marcus gave leo a look and then turned to chase, "here, chase. you want to give it a go?" he asked him, taking off his guitar and handing it over to chase.

"yeah. yeah, sure. why not?" he took the guitar, put it on and started playing it aggressively. chase started playing lead chords that only professionals knew how to do. once he stopped he looked around embarrassed. "uhm—beginners luck?" he handed back marcus his guitar.