9- Rainy nights

After spending the day together Charles and I decided we should go out for dinner

We're now sat in an Italian restaurant, awaiting our food

"What's going on in that mind of yours Marc?"

"Huh?" He snaps out of whatever trance he was in, looking up to me confused, "Sorry, thinking"

"About?" this time it's my turn to look confused

"I almost feel guilty, i'm not spending Christmas with my family or my friends when they probably wanted to see me"

"Ouch" I laugh acting offended

"You knew what I meant!" I get him to smile making me smile as well

"Either way, you had to take care of yourself before you can take care of anyone else, they love you and they'll understand that you needed to leave for a little"

"I suppose so, but I barely see them either way with work"

"I get it, i'm always traveling so I never get to see any of my friends or family usually holidays are the only time"

"Do you feel bad?"

"You can't spend your whole life thinking about everyone else, sometimes, it's okay to put yourself first"

"Wise words from miss Helena Valentina Petrovic"

"I should never have told you my full name" I laugh shaking my head

"I like your name"

"I personally think Charles Leclerc is better"

"You say you don't want to raise my ego but then you say stuff like that"

"You're telling me that all it takes to raise your ego is complimenting something you didn't even control?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Of course"

We sat in comfortable silence for a short moment before he spoke again

"Do you get to go home a lot or do your parents travel to you?"

"I don't really have a set place I live right now so they usually come to me when i'm traveling or Ill go to them on breaks"

"What about you?"

"I get to go home we have breaks in winter and summer that i'll go back to Monaco for"

"I love Monaco"

"You've been?"

"I've definitely told you that before"

"I have short term memory loss"

"I wouldn't be surprised, but yeah, I go every year in April"

"I'm usually there around that time too before I have to fly out for work again"
"What do you do in Monaco?"

"I watch the Monte Carlo Masters since my friend Lucas plays in it"