Pre-sugar rush

————

————

I wake from my dreamless sleep to the feeling of a large hand gently shaking my shoulder.

"Ivy." An all too familiar voice whispers.

My eyes shoot open, taking in a sight that makes me question my sanity.

"Elijah?" I let out a broken whisper.

I waste no time, pulling him into a bone crushing hug.

"I thought you were dead." I sob into his shoulder, as one of his hand rakes through my hair and the other draws comforting patterns on my back.

"To be fair, I was, for some time." He chuckles. I pull back from the hug with tear stained cheeks.

"Elijah, I promise, I had nothing to do with that. I had no idea." I cry frantically.

"I know, sweetheart. I know." He pulls me back into the hug. "You're heart is far too pure to pull something like that."

"I missed you so much."

"And I you." He replies, putting a smile on my face.

"Now for the reason I came in here." He pauses.

"Elena and I are going out to discuss the arrangements of our deal. I would very much enjoy your company."

"I don't know..." I hesitate at the thought of Elena.

"If it's about Elena, I can assure you, no insulting comments will be delt in my presence." He says, as if reading my mind.

"I know that. You're a great friend Eli. But I just don't think I'm up for that today. I had a rough time yesterday."

"I understand. Would you perhaps like to go to dinner with me tonight?" He offers.

"I'd love to!" I exclaim happily.

"Perfect." He smiles.

"Bye Eli!"

"Goodbye Ivy" he gives me a small wave.

As he walks toward the door, a brilliant idea strikes me.

"Wait, wait, wait." I whisper shout, causing him to immediately spin around.

"Yes?"

"Pick out my outfit for me! It'll be fun." I grin.

This was my favorite game to play with friends. I felt like a Barbie.

"Alright." He laughs.

————

Once I had dressed and done my morning routine, I trotted down the stairs to find Stefan rushing out of the door.

The rare emotion of anger fills me as my eyes rest upon Damon.

"Hey!" I call at him.

"What is it?" He asks worriedly, taking in my harsh tone of voice that I almost never use.