Shop until you drop

—————

—————

My hands rake over the different fabric hanging on the racks as I search for clothes Rebekah might like.

She had hated everything she picked out for herself, so she sent me to work.

"There has to be more to this dress." I hear her complain from the dressing room.

"There's not." I say regretfully, walking over to the couch, where Nik was comfortably sitting with a glass of champagne.

Rebekah walks out of the fitting room wearing a short, black dress.

"So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then." She grumbles.

But as soon as she sees the death glare Nik is shooting her, she quickly corrects herself.

"Not you of course, Ivy. I quite like your clothing choices."

"Good, because I picked you out a bunch. Here." I say, handing her the clothes.

"You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers." Rebekah states.

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing." Nik retorts. I gave him a gentle slap on back of the head, making him chuckle.

"And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident."

"That I agree with. You know who I think you'd love?" I speak.

"Who?" Rebekah asks eagerly.

"Lana del Rey. She makes such good music. I can't even begin to explain it."

"Show me later okay?" She tells me.

"For sure." I smile excitedly.

"Are we done?" Nik asks impatiently.

"And why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah questions his sour mood.

"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing. Your necklace. And you lost it." Nik responds, getting irritated.

I rest my hand on his, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"I didn't lose it. It's just been missing for 90 years." Rebekah responds.

"So what do you think?" Rebekah asks Stefan his opinion of her dress.

"I like it." He replies.

I roll my eyes and shake my head at his obvious lie.

"What? I said I like it." Stefan says when he catches the less than satisfied look of Rebekah.

"I can always tell when you're lying, Stefan." Rebekah states. "Ivy, come with me. I want you to try something on." She adds.

"Uhh, I think I'm good on the couch." I try to politely decline.

"Would you just come on?" She groans, pulling me by the hand into a dressing room.