He's so perfect!

———

———

When I wake, the first thing I notice is how warm I am.

I burrow further into the comforting feeling, only to be shaken gently by Nik's chuckle.

I look up to see the wide smile lighting up his face. It's then that I realize where the warmth was emanating from.

I laugh with him before burying my face into his bare chest.

I sigh contentedly as his fingers lightly glide up and down my exposed back.

"Good morning, my love." Nik's says, his voice thick from sleep.

"Good morning!" I look up with a cheesy grin.

"Sleep well?" He asks with a smirk.

"Like a rock." I reply, tracing his upturned lips gently with my finger.

"Must've been tired, for some unknown reason..." Nik shrugs with a smirk.

I bury my face into his neck, hiding the blush that dusted my cheeks as I thought about last night's activities.

"Don't hide, I was there too you know." Nik laughs loudly.

I only grunt into his neck in response, not wanting to move.

There was only a moment of silence before I felt Nik's fingers tickle my sides as he chuckled.

I squirmed, erupting into a fit of laughter. "Nik! S-stop, please!" I manage to giggle out.

He does halt the attack, but not without some cocky commentary. "That's the opposite of what you were saying last night."

I groan, rolling to the edge of the bed and pulling on Nik's discarded t-shirt, thanking my past self for putting on underwear last night.

"You're evil, you know that?" I question jokingly, still sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Nothing I haven't heard before, Angel." He smirks.

"Whatever, Niklaus. I'm gonna go take a shower." I chuckle, using his full name for emphasis.

I stand from the bed, taking one step before I had to sit back down.

Nik bursts into laughter much to my annoyance.

"Shut up." I groan, hiding my face in my hands.

———

Nik and I sat side by side, painting in the parlor.

I glanced over at his painting before looking back at mine with a loud sigh. "Nik, mine looks like trash." I whine.

"Nonsense! It's beautiful." Nik reassures, planting a kiss on my temple.

"That's really cute and all, but I'm not buying it." I reply.