Do you want to kiss me?

—————

—————

I sit with Damon as he looks at the werewolf bite on his arm.

"So that's what a werewolf bite looks like." Katherine says, also taking in the sight.

"Yep." Damon answers shortly.

"It doesn't look that bad." I try to reassure him.

"It will." Damon tells me, standing from his seat while he rolls down his shirt sleeve, effectively covering our view of the wound.

"So that's it? You're just going to die?" Katherine questions, not able to believe that Damon could be actually dying.

"That depends, you know anything about a cure?" Damon asks.

Katherine simply shakes her head.

"Me neither." Damon speaks again.

Damon grabs his jacket from the couch and grabs my hand, attempting to lead me to the door.

He pauses and turns around, noticing I stay in the same spot.

"Come on, we gotta go." He gently pulls on my hand.

"I can't." I look at my shoes, avoiding eye contact.

"What do you mean you can't?" He asks, looking upset.

"Klaus compelled me. I can't leave until he tells me to." I answer, squeezing his hand to comfort him.

He stays silent for a moment, taking in the information.

He then grabs my chin, lifting my head so I could look him in the eyes.

"I promise you, I will get you out. When we kill Klaus, the compulsion will wear off and I'll come get you okay?"

"Okay." I answer, giving him a small smile.

"Look, just in case things don't go as planned... I'm sorry about what I said earlier. I know you would never do that. I was angry and I lashed out, but you are my best friend. I love you Baby."

"I love you too D. Please be safe." I reply with a smile.

He nods, turning on his heel to walk out the door.

However, he only makes it one step before Katherine speaks to him, making him turn around.

"145 years and no last goodbye?"

"You don't get a goodbye." Damon answers shortly, spinning back around.

Katherine speeds in front of him, putting her hand on his chest.

"No. Don't leave mad."

"Us ending up on good terms isn't exactly on my bucket list, Katherine." He speaks with venom lacing his words.

Damon attempts to leave again, but Katherine persists.

"Klaus made me call Jenna to lure her out. There was nothing that I could do. I didn't have a choice."