I'm not going anywhere

———

———

I walk up to the mystic grill's counter with Rebekah by my side. The female original had asked me to go with her for moral support as she talked to Matt.

She places a set of keys on the counter in front of Matt.

"What's that?" He asks in confusion.

"The key to your new truck. It's parked outside, paid for, insured, everything but a big red bow." Rebekah answers.

She thought since she was the reason his truck went off the bridge, it was only fair that she replace it.

"If that's your idea of an apology, you should probably give it to Elena. She's the one that you killed." Matt replies coldly.

He then leaves without another word.

I rub Rebekah's arm comfortingly as I look at her sad expression.

"You're trying too hard." Nik's speaks from a couple seats away at the bar.

"Nik..." I warn.

"Last I heard you were leaving town, forever." Rebekah says.

"Well I was" Nik pauses before he gets up and walks towards us. "but then I thought to myself how can I when my sister, clearly so desperate for love and affection, is left here bribing the help."

"Nik stop it. You're being mean." I say, my tone serious.

Nik doesn't get a chance to reply before Rebekah speaks.

"What do you want Nik? I thought I was dead to you." Rebekah says, quoting him from the fight they had a couple days ago.

"Things change Rebekah. I've stumbled upon something I think might be of interest to you." Nik answers.

"Doubt that." Rebekah mutters.

"No? Well, what if I told you the brotherhood of The Five still existed." Nik says.

"Oh yeah, that's the crazy hunter guy right?" I ask, earning a smile and nod from Nik.

"What?" Rebekah questions in disbelief.

"You see, and like that bygones. Come on love, work to do." Nik says.

"We don't have anything to do. There is no we. I don't care about The Five and I don't care about you." Rebekah responds.

"As you wish." Nik answers simply.

He then gently clasped our hands together and led us out of the grill.

———

I follow behind Nik as he pushes open the doors to a room in our house. I cringe at the scene before me.

Connor is being held captive in some sort of torture device.

"Looks like I'll have to beef up the hybrid security detail." Nik says, looking at a shadowy corner of the room.