I want you

———

———

After I told Nik about my dreams yesterday, he took me home. I was a little freaked out with everything.

Was Hayley really my sister?

I was currently laying in my bed, staring at the ceiling.

I was only snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my door creek open.

I turn my head as I feel the bed dip down under the weight of a second body. "Are you alright, Angel?" Nik asks softly.

"Yeah. Just a little freaked out." I sigh.

"It's completely understandable. You can talk about it if you wish." Nik offers.

"I just have so many questions. I mean is Hayley really my sister, like blood related, or is it just a title? Are the dreams even real or are they just a coincidence? And Hayley said she recognized me too, so what does that mean?" I ramble.

"Honestly, love, I think it would be a good idea to talk to her." Nik says.

"I can't. The last time we actually talked for more than two seconds we were actively trying to fight each other." I groan.

"Look, we can invite her over here, and I'll be with you the whole time. You deserve to know what's going on."

"I guess." I sigh.

"Okay, I'll get her over here." Nik responds.

I nod in thanks.

After a few moments of silence Nik speaks again. "Angel, have you thought about what were to happen if you and Hayley do turn out to be related?"

"I've been trying not to. Why?"

"If she really is your sister, then that means you have the werewolf gene..." Nik states softly.

"Oh my god..." I start to freak out, not having thought about that.

"It's alright, angel. Don't get upset." Nik rushes to pull me into a hug once he notices the tears gathering in my eyes.

"Nik, I don't wanna be a werewolf." I cry into his shoulder.

"I know, angel. I know." Nik says softly, rubbing his hand up and down my back comfortingly.

———

It had only been about thirty minutes since Nik left the room when my phone started buzzing.

I looked at the contact to see Caroline calling me. "Hey, Care." I pick up the phone.

"Oh my god, Ivy. You are never going to believe what I found out last night!" Caroline exclaims.

"What'd you find out?" I ask immediately, wanting to take my mind off of the whole Hayley situation.

"You know how Elena has been acting super weird around Damon lately?" Caroline asks.