Surprise!

———

———

The thing that Nik just so happened to forget to tell me while I was cleaning him up was that, in retaliation to Tyler's plan, he killed Tyler's mother...

I was extremely disappointed in him.

I understand that he was upset with Tyler, but to kill an innocent women was too far.

So now I was currently sitting in the school gymnasium as everyone mourns the loss of Carol Lockwood.

They also announce that the new mayor is Bonnie's father.

I noticed some people leaving halfway through the speeches, but I stayed put for the entire thing.

Once everything was over, my eyes scanned the crowd for anyone I knew. I didn't see anyone except Bonnie, who was having what looked to be a private conversation with her father, so I left them alone.

I decided to go searching for anyone I knew, and made my way through the empty school halls.

I gasp when I hear the tail end of a conversation. Not because of the topic, but the voice it came from.

"Bekah!" I squeal, running up to her and squishing her into one of my mighty hugs.

Watch out Bex, I might just crush you with my super muscular arms.

"Ivy! Still just as adorable as last time I saw you." She compliments.

"Well you look even more radiant than the last time I saw you!" I reply, watching her smile grow.

I then notice Stefan as he clears his throat with narrowed eyes.

"Oh right, of course! You have beautiful hair Steffy." I say, thinking he was annoyed about not receiving a compliment.

"T-that's not what I...thank you." Stefan replies.

I smile, as Rebekah throws her arm around my shoulder.

"Alright, come on you two." She says, beginning to walk with us following.

"Where are we going?" I ask curiously.

"It's a surprise." She responds.

"Really!? I wonder what it could be." I exclaim with excitement.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion as Rebekah walks us into the library where Elena, April, and Caroline sit around a table.

What kind of surprise is this?

Dear god, I hope this isn't a sugar intervention.

"Stefan..." Elena stands from her chair.

"Did I say you could move?" Rebekah snaps at her. Elena immediately drops back into her seat.

"Bekah, this does not look like a fun surprise..." I grumble.