Smack down

———

———

Yesterday was challenging to say the least...

I'd learned that Nik had daggered Rebekah. He promised to undagger her as soon as the cure business was dealt with, but that didn't stop me from getting a little upset.

I was giving him the cold shoulder, but he asked me to go out with him while he went around town and I agreed.

Another thing that happened yesterday was that Connor had escaped from Nik's house and held hostages in the mystic grill.

There were only two casualties. The first being one of Nik's hybrids named Dean. The other being Connor himself.

Elena had disobeyed Stefan's request to wait, and killed Connor herself.

Unfortunately for Elena, Nik informed me that if you killed a hunter, you'd slowly go insane.

So, a typical day in mystic falls.

———

I was walking beside Nik as we entered the Lockwood mansion.

"Don't be mad. We're celebrating our fallen hybrid friend." I hear Hayley say as we walk into the room.

Nobody had noticed our presence yet.

Hayley walks over to Tyler and pours a shot in his mouth. She wipes her thumb across his bottom lip, collecting a drop of alcohol, then sticks her thumb in her mouth.

"Well, don't let me interrupt." Nik says, drawing attention to us.

"I didn't know you were here." Tyler states.

"Clearly." I grumble, upset about what he was doing behind Caroline's back.

"I just popped round to celebrate Dean's successful retrieval of the vampire hunter. Yet when I arrived, I learnt that not only was Dean unsuccessful, but that Elena killed the hunter." Nik says.

"Well, maybe if you had let Dean use force on Connor instead of sending him in on a suicide mission." Hayley responds.

I send her a light glare. I didn't exactly know for sure if Tyler was cheating with Hayley, but as of right now, it's guilty until proven innocent.

"Maybe you should mind your business, wolf girl." Nik retorts.

"What do you care if Connor's dead anyway?" Tyler questions.

"I have my reasons. They've ceased to matter. Cheers." Nik answers, raising his bottle of alcohol and taking a sip.

Nik then laces our fingers together, but I quickly snatch my hand back, still upset about what he'd done to Rebekah.

"Angel, I'm sorry okay?" He whispers.

"I'm not getting into this here." I reply.

"Ooh trouble in soulmate paradise?" Hayley taunts.