Floating

Darkness.

That's all that surrounded me.

My emotions blank, my body cold.

It felt like I was floating. My body drifting back and forth, in a calm sway of water.

I didn't feel like I was drowning, it just felt like I was moving with the water, our actions and will intertwining as one, while my consciousness drifted off into the deep.

This peace didn't last long.

I could suddenly feel a feathery light sensation gently tugging through my hair. The motion begging me to swim back to the surface, so I did.

With a rush I sprung up, taking a large breath as I left the darkness.

My eyes shoot open in fear, looking around me.
I found myself in my room, the strong arms of my soulmate tightly wrapped around my body.

He was talking, but I couldn't hear anything except a dull buzz. And then I remembered what had caused this state I was in.

I died.

"Oh my god." I hear myself gasp in a broken whisper.

I reach my shaky hand up to cover my mouth.

"Ivy? Ivy, sweetheart, you're okay. I promise." Nik tries to comfort me.

"Nik. What's going on?" I cry, clutching onto him as if he were my only tie to the living.

Ironic, since he's been dead for centuries.

"You're bracelet. The one that I gave you, it has magical properties. As long as I am alive and you wear it, it will bring you back to me." He explains, wiping my tears away with the pad of his thumb.

"My friends...they didn't know I even had the bracelet. They were just gonna let me die." I sob into his chest.

His hand runs comfortingly up and down my back.

"I will kill them if you wish." Nik states after a minute of silence.

I couldn't help but chuckle a bit, pulling back to see his face.

His expression showed he wasn't trying to be funny in the slightest.

"No it's okay. I think I'll just keep my distance for awhile." I sniffle, squeezing his hand.

"My father is dead. You don't have to worry anymore."

"Are you okay?" I ask him gently.

"Yes, angel. Are you?"

"I will be." I respond with a small, pained smile.

"I need you to know, I never would've put you in danger like that if I didn't know you were 100 percent safe. I promise you with everything I have, I would never intentionally put you in harms way." Nik says, his eyes staring deeply into mine.

"I know." I smile at him.

"Good. Because you mean everything to me. You are my moon and my sun. You lit the way in my darkest times, and your smile shines on my brightest days. Over the course of my life, whenever I thought I couldn't possibly do it anymore, the promise of finding you one day kept me going. You Ivy Farechild are my light, and I will be eternally grateful to have been allowed the pleasure of being in your presence. I love you with every inch of my soul."

I stare at him in shock, my heart exploding with joy.

I'd fallen in love with my soulmate, and he had done the same.

"I understand if you do not feel the same. I don't want to pressure you into saying anything-"

"I love you Nik. You are the first person to truly care about me above anyone else. You make me so happy. I couldn't have been luckier to be chosen as your soulmate."

As the words tumble from my lips, a large smile spreads across his face. His hand slowly comes up to cup my face.

His eyes flicker down to my lips for a moment before making eye contact again.

He slowly started to lean closer, his nose brushing against mine. He stopped mere inches away from my face, looking into my eyes.

"May I?" He asks gently.

I nod my head, watching as a small smile breaks out onto his face.

His lips softly collide into mine, his hand resting gently on the back of my neck.

My arms wrap around his neck as our lips move together in sync. Our souls intertwining with every second we spend expressing our love in the passionate kiss.

I once again felt like I was floating.

Last time it was because I had died. But this time, as our lips gently pressed together as one, I felt undeniably alive.

Like I was weightless.

Free.

I always imagined what my first kiss would be like. But this...this exceeded any expectations I could've possibly set.

He gently pulls back as I catch my breath.

"I love you, Angel." He says, planting a small kiss on my forehead.

"I love you, Nik."

I giggle as he places quick kisses all over my face, the last kiss being a gentle peck on my swollen lips.

I couldn't have been any happier than I was in this moment.

——————

Ahhhhh! Freaking finally! Klivy is here and thriving. Period.