Taunting

———

———

I was currently sitting in the Gilbert family's living room, where I had resided for hours.

In fact, I had only left the house once to go get some things to make Nik more comfortable, such as a blanket, a pillow, and a change of clothes.

I look up to Nik who zoned out of our card game and was now staring at Kol's covered corpse.

I had draped a sheet over him and laid a small bouquet of flowers on top. I small gesture until we could move the body.

I look at Nik sadly, about to offer words of comfort when Tyler strolls in and cuts off my forming words.

"Morning, sunshine. You look pathetic." Tyler smirks at Nik.

"Only until Bonnie's spell locking me in here wears off. Then I'll look different. Angrier, perhaps. Or I won't look like anything because I'll have gouged your eyeballs from their sockets." Nik threatens.

"My friends will be back with the cure by then. So, I could shove it down your throat and make you mortal." Tyler replies.

"I'm an Original. What makes you think my entire vampire bloodline won't be cured along with me? I.e., you." Nik asks.

"You know what I think? I think that's impossible. I think the moment you stop being a vampire, our whole blood connection to you is broken, and your sire-line ceases to exist. So, whatever happens to you, happens only to you, which means I can kill your ass and no one else has to die. Although I am still debating just how to do it." Tyler says.

Nik vamp-speeds towards Tyler, but can't get him due to the barrier.

"I recommend drowning. There's nothing quite like the feeling of someone fighting for something as basic as human breath. And let me tell you, your mother was a fighter." Nik taunts.

"Nik! Stop bickering with him please. It's doing nothing but making this situation even worse for you." I interject.

"Fine." Nik sighs.

"Wow." Tyler chuckles.

"What do you have to say now?" Nik snaps, turning his head to look at Tyler in annoyance.

"Nothing. It's just funny seeing you take orders from her. She's so...tiny. Well I guess not all of her. I mean would you look at that as-"

"That is enough! Shut your bloody mouth before I knock your teeth down your throat!" Nik shouts.

"Nik, it's okay. He's just trying to get a reaction out of you. Just try to ignore him." I speak softly, placing my hand on top of Nik's to calm him.

"He has spoken disrespectfully about you while in my presence, Angel. I'm sorry but I cannot stand by and watch it happen."

———

It had been about an hour since Tyler's last aggravating comment.

He'd shut his mouth since I came up with the idea to start making out with Nik every time he said something rude.