I need to sanitize my mouth!

———

———

I had woken from my sleep (if you could even call it that) hours ago. I sat unmoving on my bed.
Tibbles had run downstairs earlier, probably to go eat.

I sat in complete silence, the only noise being that of my fan.

The wooden fan blades made a whooshing sound as they sliced through the air. However, the cold air emanating from the fan wasn't enough to stop my skin from getting clammy.

Esther was right. Being separated from Nik was torture.

All I could do was sit in silence like I was now, staring at the wall with a blank expression.

The only hint of emotion was the undeniable sadness in my red eyes.

I look at my bedroom door as it swung from a slight crack open, to being fully open.

My eyes rest upon the blonde haired vampire standing at the entrance of my room.

"Oh Ivy..." Caroline let out a sad gasp, taking in my state.

My lip trembled as I tried to hold back my tears.
She immediately rushed over to me and pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"Rebekah let me in before she left. I thought you could use some company." She says, running her hand over my hair comfortingly.

"You don't have to worry about me." I lie.

"But I am. I'm worried. You're my friend and we both lost someone we loved. We shouldn't be alone."

"I'm so sorry about Tyler." I hug her again. After a moment we pull away.

"Okay, time to get up." She says.

"What? No." I groan, laying back into my pillows.

"Yes. Come on, you need a shower." Caroline says as she pulls me back into a sitting position. "Do you really think Nik or Tyler would want us to sit around and rot in our rooms?"

"No." I begrudgingly admit.

"That's right, so go take a shower and then we'll go visit Matt in the hospital. I'm pretty sure he's getting discharged today."

"Wait what? Why is Matt in the hospital?" I question, confusion lacing my words.

"No one told you?" She gasps.

"Told me what?"

"Elena and Matt got into a car accident. They went right off wickery bridge. Matt was fine, but Elena...she's in transition."

———

After Caroline informed me of the news I took a quick shower and we left for the hospital.

I stood next to Caroline as she talked to Matt.

He had already been discharged, now he was just gathering all of his belongings.

"Elena doesn't want to be a vampire." Matt states.