[Chapter 6] time to think

The only place Chan could think of to get some peace and quiet was the gym

The only place Chan could think of to get some peace and quiet was the gym. Working out was probably the opposite of relaxing but it was exactly what he needed right now.
Chan never got enough sleep and always puts work first. He could only rest if absolutely nessercary and he felt guilty if he wasn't productive enough in a day. He was aware of how unhealthy that mindset sometimes could be but it was also part of his personality.

He was just passionate, motivated, and hard-working like that, which is why he chose to do sports as a way to calm himself. It worked surprisingly well. His mind felt a lot clearer as he was sweating his concerns away through exhausting exercises. He hoped to actually be able to make some rational decisions now that he was able to focus more.

He felt a lot better than earlier at the dorms but he was sure now that he could not let himself slip up like that again. He still couldn't understand how he suddenly got so emotional over something he had heard times and times before. Maybe it was because up to only a few weeks ago he used to push his feelings away and ignored the obvious fact he was in love. And now after realizing what he felt, things just got a little harder.

It's not even that big of a deal. Well, at least it should not be. I've gone through way harder things, why is this specific problem so difficult for me to solve? Usually, I just try to be straightforward with my concerns regarding the members and find a way to talk it out. But I guess that's not really possible in this case... I can't just tell him.. right?
His inner monologue was cut off by his phone beeping several times. The timing was perfect since he had just got done with his current exercise.
He wasn't sure what he was expecting but what he saw when he looked at the screen definitely surprised him.

[Hey Hyungie, what are you up to? ㅇㅅㅇ]
[Are you hungry?? :P]
[I made brownies :>]

Chan didn't even focus on the actual text, he was just surprised Felix would already text him again after what happened earlier. He really didn't notice a single thing.

Chan felt relieved. He thought the way he acted at the dorms would have definitely upset Felix or at least confused him. But apparently, that wasn't the case.
He didn't notice a thing which means it was no big deal to him which also means he has no idea about how I feel which is great because that makes it easier to keep my secret!
Hopefully..

Full of freshly gained excitement, Chan proceeded to read the messages once again to actually focus this time.
Brownies? That sounds lovely honestly. No one could resist Felix's famous brownies. But am I really already confident enough to face him?

Chan still felt shameful about just abruptly leaving the dorms earlier. He was worried the other members caught onto things.
After some thinking, he then figured meeting up again would make it seem like it also wasn't a big deal to him. He wanted to be all natural about it and just hoped no one noticed.
He sent a few texts back, telling he was at the gym but ready to come over for brownies anytime.
It didn't take Felix long to respond.

[Ohhh hyungie, you're already working out this early! Woww o.o]
[The gym is near the park we went to last time]
[Come there and get your treats!^^]

Chan wasn't quite done with his work out but he couldn't miss the chance for some alone time with his crush. Especially after figuring out the boy didn't even seem to have noticed his previous mistake. It also looked like Felix couldn't recall any spicy moments that may have happened the night before. Chan felt relieved but also determined to not make mistakes like that again.
He happily agreed to meet up at the park.