[Chapter 15] SKZ CODE

Chan woke up the next morning to a knock on his door

»Huhh?«
He was too tired to fully grasp the situation before Jisung suddenly barged into the room.
»Hyung, we're gonna be late!«
He seemed annoyed as he walked in but stopped at once. A millisecond later and he looked more surprised than angry.

Only then Chan realized he was still snuggled up on the couch with his lover. He rapidly tried to untangle himself and attempted to act naturally.
»What's up, Jisung?«
The boy standing in front of him crossed his arms and took a deep breath before speaking.
»I don't want to interrupt but you two better get ready. We have a schedule to attend, remember?«
He didn't sound mad, just genuinely concerned about being late.
»Yeah sure, we'll be ready in a second«
Chan tried his best to get rid of him and actually succeeded. Jisung left the two alone again.

☆☆☆

The two boys made it to the parking lot only a few minutes late. Chan was thankful for Jisung waking them but still a little embarrassed about being seen like this. He wanted to be fine with the other members knowing about his relationship with Felix but it was even harder than he thought. It wasn't only the risk of their careers that worried Chan. Somehow it was way more.
He usually didn't talk about his feelings often in general so admitting to being in love was somehow frightening to him.

It shouldn't be that big of a deal.
He tried to convince himself everything would be fine but of course, it wasn't that easy. For now, things were just a bit awkward and tense in the car as the boys headed off to their schedule together.

Today's filming schedule was for an episode of Skz Code, where the boys had to play different games or take on different tasks.  For this specific episode, the task was a cooking mission split into two teams.

By chance Chan ended up in a team with Minho, Seungmin, and of course, by more fate than chance; his loverboy Felix.
He felt a little nervous about his team partners but he made sure his uneasiness wouldn't show. He's an idol, after all, it's his job to stay professional at his workplace.

Things went smoothly for the first half of the filming schedule until it was time for a break. The other members and most of the staff went outside for a bit while Chan took the opportunity to stay at the set with Felix. He looked around and made sure no one was paying attention to them before getting closer to his lover.

»You wanna try some of the food I made, Felix?«
»We aren't supposed to try it until later. That's part of the mission rules, hyung«
»Come on, no one will know«
Chan winked at the boy before getting a spoon to feed him.
Felix gave in quickly and had a bite of Chan's cooking.
»Woahh hyung, honestly that's delicious!«
His reaction seemed very genuine, Chan was happy he liked it.

»You know, hyung, a wise man once told me 'You can't buy someone's heart with money, but you can buy it with food'«
Chan couldn't stop himself from laughing loudly.
»Was that wise man called Seo Changbin by any chance?«
»Perhaps«
Felix just smiled innocently at his boyfriend before breaking into laughter with him.

Their joyful conversation was unfortunately quickly interrupted.
»Stop flirting at work... you two are gross«
Chan immediately froze up when he heard Minho laugh behind him.
»You're not any better, hyung. We all know you have a thing for Jisung«
Seungmin had also gotten back to the filming set by now and luckily knew how to shut Minho up.
Before anyone could respond anything the director told them to get ready for the next filming session.

☆☆☆

After they were done filming, Chan headed outside on his own, not wanting to be teased by his members again. It had gotten dark outside by now as he waited in a corner for a staff who would drive all of them back to the dorms. Luckily the other members were taking their time to come outside so Chan had a few more minutes to himself. He didn't feel offended or upset, just exhausted after spending such a long time around so many people. It was rare for his social battery to completely run out but from time to time he just needed some distance from everyone.

»Minho hyung didn't mean to insult you earlier«
Chan's alone time abruptly ended when he was found by Seungmin.
»He was just playing around«
Seungmin had a way of speaking his mind and coming straight to the point when trying to solve conflicts.
»I know, I'm not mad a him«
Chan was pleasantly surprised Seungmin wanted to to make sure he was alright.
But they both knew there was a little more behind Chan's current state of discomfort.

»You know hyung, I wouldn't mind if you and Felix were dating«
Chan already had a feeling Seungmin would be quick to find out but he didn't expect him to be so straightforward about it. He didn't know how to respond but Seungmin's calmness somehow stopped him from feeling scared, for now.
»I'm sure the other members would support you two«
Chan felt a little beside himself. He wasn't quite sure why he wasn't freaking out at this point. The others finding out was one of his biggest concerns currently but he didn't even have the energy to overthink right now.
»Thank you«
Seungmin went in for a hug. It might have been a tiny bit awkward for a second but exactly what Chan needed to clear his uncertainty. He felt a lot safer now. Seungmin knew him and his needs too well, it was almost a little frightening.