[Chapter 17] Big Announcements

»So how are we gonna go about this?«Chan had come home with Felix after their little date

Chan had come home with Felix after their little date. He was laying on the bed fidgeting with a tennis ball the boy had kept on his bedside table for some reason.
»I'm not sure«
Felix was spinning in circles on the chair by his desk.
»I think we should plan this out so we don't make a big deal out of it.
Chan threw the ball up with one hand and caught it again.
»Wouldn't it be best then if we just, you know, tell them?«
Felix seemed to have very different approaches than Chan.
»I mean yes but like, how?«
He threw the ball over and over again. 
»I want to just be honest with them. "By the way, did you know, Chan and I are dating" Just like that!«
»That's, fine I guess«
Felix stopped spinning. He suddenly seemed excited.
»Really?? Can I tell the members like that?«
Chan dropped the ball to the side and sat up on the bed.
»Of course. You can tell them anything. You don't need my permission. You know that, right?«

Chan felt like he might have been too strict with his boyfriend.
He must have felt pressured to keep our relationship a secret. I didn't mean to limit him like that.
Just at that moment, there was a knock on the door. Chan habitually got scared about being caught in Felix's room, even though he had declared earlier that he didn't care anymore.

»Come in«
Felix yelled to the person behind the door and it opened at once.
»Have you seen my second controller?? I want to play games with Seungmin«
Jeongin didn't even hesitate to burst in and immediately stated his problem without even paying attention to Chan.
»I don't think it's here«
»Okay..«
Jeongin was already about to turn around and leave when Felix suddenly began speaking up again.
»By the way, Jeongin... did you know, Chan and I are dating«

Chan hid his face behind his hands. He felt shocked about his big secret being revealed just like that but he couldn't help but giggle a little at how Felix had delivered the message.
»When I said you could tell them, I definitely didn't mean you must tell them at any given chance??!!«
He yelled at the boy half-jokingly while Jeongin just stood by the door staring in confusion.
»I know, but I felt like it was the right moment! Don't you agree, Jeongin??«
Felix tried to at least get the maknae on his side.
»Actually, I kinda don't care what you two have going on, as long as you don't fight about it«
»We're not fighting!! Chanie hyung is just being mean and making fun of me«
Felix crossed his arms and tried to act offended. Jeongin didn't really seem to understand the playful bond going on between the two loverboys but Chan knew his boyfriend wasn't actually upset.

Suddenly they heard Seungmin yelling from the hallway, interrupting their meaningful conversation.
»Are you gonna come out already??«
Felix didn't hesitate to take the opportunity to yell back.
»Yes! Chanie and I, we're boyfriends!!«
Chan buried his face deep inside his hoody.
Seungmin now also peaked inside the room.
»I meant to ask Jeongin when he was going to come out and play, but that's okay too, I guess«
Felix wasn't discouraged at all. In fact, his expression seemed even prouder after making such big announcements.

Jeongin and Seungmin left soon to continue their search for the second controller and Chan was happy to finally be left alone with his lover again. The realization of what had just happened only kicked in after they left and Chan suddenly felt really overwhelmed. The whole situation was just way too unexpected for him and his overthinking brain.
He let himself fall back onto the bed in an attempt to calm down. He tried to focus on his breathing while struggling to not let the regretful thoughts take over.

»You're not mad at me, right hyung?«
Felix got up and came closer to the bed.
»No, no, absolutely not«
Chan rubbed his hands over his eyes to massage his face.
»I think I just wasn't prepared enough«
While Chan's heart race slowly got more stable again, Felix layed down beside him.
»I'm sorry«
The boy stretched his arms around Chan and hugged him tightly.
»Please don't be. It's alright, really«
Chan raised his hand up to his lover's head and brushed through his hair while already starting to smile again.
»Don't worry, Lixie. I just still need to get used to this«