[Chapter 20] Ice에서 Cream

[I'm done!][Well not really, but it's enough for today]

[I'm done!]
[Well not really, but it's enough for today]

Chan had been working on new songs for at least half a day now. It wasn't dark outside yet but it was late enough to get a little tired. Not Chanie of course, he could stay up for hours after dark but today he decided to give it a rest early. Probably mostly because the thought of his boyfriend waiting for a message made him struggle to keep going.

[Finally!!!^^]
[Come outside]
[To the park]
[Our spot]
[Right now]
[!!!]

Chan felt flattered by Felix's dedication to meeting up as quickly as possible. Of course, he happily agreed and tried to hurry so his Lixie wouldn't have to wait much longer.

☆☆☆

»Hyung!! Come quickly, before it melts«
Felix had been waiting for his hyung, sitting on a blanket in the park. He held two cones of ice cream in his hands and excitedly yelled when Chan came near him.
»Lixie, you're the sweetest. When did you get these?«
»Just now. Around the corner is a café that also sells ice cream cones. We should go there together some time^^«

Chan sat down beside Felix and ruffled up the boy's hair before happily accepting one cone.
»Isn't it getting a little cold for ice cream?«
»No way!! Never!«
Felix almost seemed a little offended by Chan's remark.
»Finee«
Chan reached for Felix's head to neaten up his hair again.
»Besides hyungie, it's never too cold because you heat up my heart!!«
Felix smiled proudly after saying such cheesy lines.
»Oh come on. Stop it«
Chan was close to attacking the boy again, as if he didn't secretly enjoy hearing his lover say such things.

»How's your day been, Chanie hyung? Have the others said anything... about us?«
»Jisung talked to me. He said they all know now«
»Hmm..«
Felix seemed unsure if that was a good or a bad thing.
»I'm okay with it«
Chan tried to clear up the boy's uncertainty.
»Really?«
Felix wasn't quite convinced yet and to be honest, neither was Chan. He still had to get used to it but tried to view things positively.
»Isn't it great we can be together freely now? At least in front of the members«
Chan grabbed his lover's hand while using the other one to eat his ice cream. It was strawberry and chocolate flavor.
»That's enough for me, for now. I think. Let's not tell any more people, hyung«

Chan was often surprised to see Felix also had a deeper, broody side. He always made everything look so effortlessly easy, it was hard to imagine what he could even be worried about.
»Why not?«
Chan thought similarly but wanted to question it further out of curiosity.
»I'm not really sure. It just feels scary, you know? I had a feeling the members would be fine with it but it's different with other people, I guess. Telling close friends and family is okay but someday we'll have to tell the company, the fans, the media... Considering how many people know us, how many different opinions will there be?«

Felix kept on rambling, he didn't do that often. It was different from his usual cheery mood-maker self. Chan figured the two of them had maybe reached a new level of trust and he was happy the boy finally opened up about his reflective sides more. He always had a feeling his lover was actually quite mysterious under his sunshine personality. Chan didn't acknowledge this as a bad trait at all, he rather found it intriguing. 

»Don't worry, my Lixie. We can think this through together and we'll figure out when the time is right«
»Thank you, hyung«
Chan was right about the coldness earlier. He had finished his ice cream by now and as it started getting dark, it was also getting more chilly. He wrapped his arms around his boyfriend from behind, attempting to keep him warm.

»I didn't expect you to overthink on this that much, Felix«
»Honestly, me neither«
Felix leaned back against his hyung, snuggling into his hug.
»We still have a lot to learn about each other, huh Lixie?«
The boy closed his eyes and Chan was curious what he could be thinking about right now.
»I'd really like to find out many new things about you, hyung«
Now Chan couldn't help but let his imagination drift off far into the future. The sky was getting grayer and Chan could feel the weather getting breezy.
»I'll keep you with me forever then, all the time. So I can't have any secrets«
Felix started to smile and opened his eyes again but didn't look up at Chan. His gaze was following along one of the gravel park trails leading into the distance.

»I'm looking forward to it«