[Chapter 11] 내가 만든 쿠키

Almost half a day later and Chan's thoughts were troubling him again

Almost half a day later and Chan's thoughts were troubling him again. It was 6 pm now and he hadn't heard from his loverboy since he left.

What if something happened earlier? What if someone caught him leaving and started questioning him? He can't lie so he must have told the truth and now he feels bad about it. This is all my fault.
Like always, Chan could only imagine the worst-case scenario. He decided it would be best to call Felix to check up on him. He didn't even have to wait long for the boy to pick up the phone but every second made him more nervous.

»Hey Hyungie, what's up^^?«
Hearing this heavenly voice immediately made Chan feel a little better.
»Hey Lixie, are you alright?«
»Yeah sure, I'm great... Did something happen?«
Felix must have noticed the slight concern in Chan's voice. Chan didn't know how to respond. He realized nothing had happened, he was just overreacting out of nowhere again.

»To be honest, I think I just missed you«

There was no reply for a moment and Chan started feeling a little embarrassed.
»Oh Chanie, I miss you too«
Chan felt his heart melt.

»Oh and hyung, I need to tell you something!«
Felix suddenly got a little louder.
»What is it?«
»I have to confess, Minho asked me where I was when I got back to our dorms earlier...
and I just couldn't lie to him«
He quickly got more quiet again, almost a little shy.
»I told him I was out with you...
But nothing more, really!!«
He sounded anxious about how Chan would react.

»Felix, it's fine. You can tell them whatever you think is right. I don't mind as long as you don't pressure yourself«
Chan spoke gently to calm the boy, but he truly meant what he said. He cared more about his lover's well-being than about anyone's opinion.
»Are you sure, hyung?«
»Of course«
Chan tried to sound reassuring even though it was hard for him. He was scared about the other members finding out but he didn't want his fear to show.
Felix still sounded concerned but Chan already had plans to comfort him.
»Just by the way, do you want to come over again?«
»So suddenly?«
The boy couldn't hide his excitement.
»I found a cookie recipe we need to try«
Chan was proud of himself for quickly coming up with an excuse to see his lover.
»Tss, since when do you like to bake?«
Felix seemed to have caught onto Chan's intentions and wanted to tease him for it.
»Do you want to try it or not??«
»Yeahh fine«
The boy had to take the opportunity, of course.

☆☆☆

It only took Felix a few minutes to arrive at the dorms Chan shared with Jisung, Changbin, and Hyunjin.
As he entered, Chan was already preparing utensils in the kitchen.
»Heyy Chanieee^^«
Felix's greeting was very loud, almost scaring Chan a tiny bit.
»Hey Lixie«

Chan showed Felix the recipe he had whipped up from Google about 5 minutes ago. To his relief, the boy did like it and they got to baking quickly.

»By the way Hyung, aren't you worried we'll get caught here together«
»I guess it's fine. Isn't it normal for two friends to bake together?«
»Yeah but normal people don't bake in the middle of the night«
»Oh come on it's not that late yet«
»Yeah not late for someone who usually goes to sleep at 5 am «

Felix was back to a playful mood quickly despite seeming worried earlier.
Baking was a lot of fun, they were a great team after all. To Chan's delight, everything went well.
At least until the kitchen door suddenly opened.

»Oh hey, didn't expect you two in here«
Changbin casually made his way to the fridge while the two loverboys were frozen up in surprise.
»What are you guys up to?«
»You know... just baking?«
That's all Chan managed to reply. Despite acting so confident in front of Felix earlier, the whole situation made him really nervous.
Changbin didn't even seem to care.
»Alright I guess«
He just grabbed some food and walked back to the door.

Unfortunately, he didn't leave just yet.
»By the way«
Chan started to tense up again.
»I'm going swimming tomorrow, do you guys want to come with me?«
Changbin's question threw Chan off. He thought the quickest way to be left alone again would be to just accept the offer. But then he would have to spend a whole day with his lover pretending they were nothing more than friends so Changbin wouldn't notice anything different.

He was sure coming along would just get awkward. So he got ready to make up an excuse for tomorrow.
But Felix, who had been dead silent since Changbin entered, suddenly spoke right before Chan could.
»Sure, why not?«
Chan turned his head towards the boy who was just smiling back at him.
»Come on, hyung. It'll be fun^^«
Chan tried to form his concern into a facial expression without Changbin seeing. Felix noticed his worried look right away and reassured him with a nod.
Of course, Chan couldn't say no to his lover and agreed to come with them.