Chapter 16

"aaahhhh". Sidharth groaned because of the pain.

"areeee dekho ye bhai uth gye..."

"hnnn.... Dekho Dekho". He heard some faint whispers and tried to open his eyes.

"aahhhhh". He tried to get up when he felt a hand on his back for the support.

"shukar h tumko hosh aaya.....I was so worried". He could feel the familiarity in the voice but his mind was not able to process it.

"ufffff... Aaahhhh...". He finally opened his eyes and everything was blur, it took him a minute to clearly gather his consciousness.

His hand came up toward his face but the pain shooted up making him wince.

He now could see clearly, he looked around and all he could see was darkness and apart from the extreme pain he felt, there was mud all around him and with that he remembered everything.

"Shehnaaz....". His voice broke.

"oh my god.... Tum theek ho". His head turned toward the source of voice, being completely shocked.

"Sanchii". He whispered in absolute shock.

"hnnn... Tum theek ho.. I'm glad". She kept her hand over his face but he jerked her away and tried to stand.

"Shehnaaaaaz". He looked around frantically and stumbled a bit but Sanchi grabbed him.

"Shehnaaaaaaz". His voice was louder this time.

"areee bhai kyu chilla rahe ho... Tum akele hi pareshaan nhi ho yaha". He heard a voice and looked behind him, there were almost ten people who were covered in mud completely just like him, looking absolutely helpless and distorted.

He observed the surroundings around him, the broken house filled with mud, the darkness and sound of lightening and rainfall.

" Shehnaaz.... Shehnaaz kaha h". He whispered to himself and started to look here and there for her with wobbly steps.

"Sidharth Tumhein araam krna chahiye.... 3 din Baad uthe vo tum... Apne aap ko itna stress mt do.... Bahar nikalne ka raasta mil jaayega". Sanchi came closer to him.

"teen din".

"Shehnaaz... Kaha h...". He ignored her and looked for his wife.

"Sidharth kisse dhundh rahe ho... Yaha or koi nhi h".

"meri biwiiii kaha h". He growled
loudly.

"biwiii". Sanchi whispered lightly.

"Shehnaaz..... Shehnaaaaaaz". He screamed loudly and tried to move before he could step outside, he looked at the senerio before his eyes and gasped loudly.

Everything was completely destroyed, it looked like hell, the muddy was flowing all over, everything was broken, that beautiful place was completely destroyed. All he could hear was the sound of water.

"nhi nhi nhi...". A fear settled in his chest looking at the senerio.

"Shehnaaaazzzzzzzzzz". He growled loudly and ran outside. The moment he stepped out, his half body was drowned into the thick muddy water.

"Sidharth.. Pagal ho gye ho kya tum..... Upar aao.... Abhi..... Sidharth". Swati screamed and two men came from behind and grabbed him, he didn't had the energy to fight so it was easy for them to held him back.

"meri biwi.. Pta nhi kaha h... Tum choro mujhe". His voice chocked as he tried to free himself.

"yaha sab ka koi na koi khoya h.... Sab intezar kr rhe h.. Ki bss Paani ka bahaav kam ho or apne apne parivaar k logo ko hum dhundhe..... Thoda rukjaao....". One of the man tried to console him.

" pr meri biwiiii... Usko kuch hogaya toh". A tear slipped out of Sidharth's eye.

" kedarnaath m ho tum.. Shivji nivaaste h yaha.... Bharosa rakho... Kuch nhi hoga tumhari biwi ko.. Humne bhi vishwas rakha h tum bhi rakho". Sidharth was never the believer but for the first time he wanted to trust the almighty, he wanted to believe what that man said.

"usse kuch nhi hoga.... Thode time baad m usse dhundh lunga... M dhundh lunga usse". Sidharth mumbled trying to assure himself that his wife would be safe.

" usko kuch nhi hoga".

"kuch nhi hoga Sidharth usse"

"jaise m yaha theek hu.. Vaise vo bhi hogi". He was shaking thinking was all the other possibilities but still was trying to be positive.

"Shaadi kb kari". Sachi sat beside him as he was sitting near the gate looking  in the air.

"huhhh". He came out from his thoughts, he shifted a bit away from her and looked at her again with no emotions.

"Shaadi... Shaadi kb kari". She asked again and also observed how he increased the distance between them.

"ek saal hogya".

"ohhhh" before she could say anything her stomach growled from hunger and she turned red.

Hearing the growl of hunger, the only thought that came into his mind was of Shehnaaz being hungry. She loved her food, even the thought of her being hungry was driving him mad.

His mind went to the very first month of their marriage, that was the first time she demanded something from him and he acted like an absolute trash.

"Sidharth...". She came inside the room and quietly sat on the bed beside him.

"Hmmmmm". He hummed as he was working on the presentation and was extremely frustrated for good knew what reason.

"vo mereko na.. Aaj kuch bahar ka khaane ka mann kr raha h to kya aap please mere Saath chal sakte ho". She asked him very politely.

"nhi.. Mereko kaam h..". He replied rudely making her cower back but she still tried her luck again.

"please na Sidharth... Bss thodi si dur hi h ek ghanta bhi nhi lagega... Please chaliye". She requested again

"yrrrr tumko samjh nhi aarha h kyaaa.... Hnn... Jb bola h.. Nhi Jaa sakta.. To samjh nhi aata kyaaa". He screamed making her flinch. She just stood up and left the room.

And that was the first and last time she demanded something.

"please bss theek rehna... Tum jo kahogi m karunga.. Bss theek rahna tum naaz". He almost cried, the fear of losing his wife was so strong that he himself was feeling like dying.

Today he realised how necessary she was for him but unfortunately that was too late.