Chapter 18

"chalo andar". The officer gave him a pity look.

Trembling to core Sidharth entered the tent and the body with yellow saree, knocked his breath out.

"nhi nhi nhi nhi". He mumbled to himself in complete denial.

"ek baar dekh lo". The officer told Sidharth.

"Sir nhi sir ye meri biwi nhi h.... Sir vo nhi..... Ye Shehnaaz nhi". Tears seap out of his eyes and his body trembled.

"hn bss ek baar dekhlo aap...". The officer put his hand Sidharth's and took him near the body.

"sir mujhse... Nhi sir... Please... Ye". He didn't even knew what he wanted to say his mind was completely blank.

The officer just gave Sidharth a look and bent down near the body taking a deep breath, he just pulled of the white sheet from the woman's face and the site made Sidharth gasp.

The officer also shut his eyes tightly for a second before looking at Sidharth. It was not easy for them too. The dead bodies made them sick to the core.

"Shehnaaz nhi h". Sidharth whispered under his breath, he felt he got his life back but the condition of that lady made him want to vomit.

"hmm... Biwi nhi h na tumhari". Officer asked him.

"nhi nhi sir... Meri biwi nhi h... Vo nhi h ye... Zinda h vo". Sidharth told him.

"hmmmm". The officer hummed and covered the body again before standing up.

"chalo.. Bahar yahi kahi hogi tumhari biwi kyuki sab kuch dekh chuke h hum ache se..."..

"Hmmm". Sidharth took a deep breath and moved out of the tent. He was a bit relaxed that his wife was alive.

He started moving back to the rescue tent thinking about her, all he wanted was her to be safe, nothing else.

"Sidharth". He heard a faint voice

"SIDHARTH". His head immediately snapped up hearing his name and the sight infront of his eyes made him want to die.

"Shehnaaz". He whispered looking at his wife with longing before running toward her, who was standing with the help of an lady.

"SHEHNAAZ". He ran as fast as he could with his twisted angle and grabbed her in his arms.

"Sidharth". Shehnaaz whispered his name before burying herself in his arms, her body shook from the painful cries and she felt his body trembling too.

"Shehnaaz". He broke the hug, cuppedher face in his arms and looked at her with tears in his eyes which made her sob harder.

"tum ho.... Tum zinda ho". Sidharth broke down infront of her making her  hug him again as tightly as possible.

"Sidharth". She gripped his shirt tighter into her fist.

"tum theek ho". He looked at her cupping her face and kissed every inch of her face desperately.

"tum ho Shehnaaz". He rested his forehead against hers and let his tears flew down.

"aap theek ho". She asked pulling away a bit and kept her hand hand over his cheek.

"m theek hu pr tum nhi ho...". He looked at her completely, she was covered with mud, her saree was torn from places, her body has bruises.

"m bhi theek hu.... Tum ho... M theek hu". She muttered in a low voice looking at him with longing.

"m hu... M humesha hu". He hugged her again tightly.

"Sidharth dar laga tha". Her voice croaked making him hug her tighter. The fear was extremely real.

"bss ab kuch nhi hoga... Kuch nhi hone dunga.... Haath bhi kbhi nhi chorunga.. Kbhi bhi nhi..". He promised.

"chalo Pehle doctor ko dikhao... Tumhare lagi hui h bhot....". Sidharth told her making her nod because she knew her body was really in a bad condition.

____________________________________

"aahhhhh". Shehnaaz groaned in pain as the doctor checked her bruises, her face was buried in Sidharth's forearm, they both weren't ready to leave each other even for a second.

"hogya Bsss....". Sidharth patted her head softly sitting beside her.

"aapko medicine laga di h... Kuch hafto m Dard bilkul chala jaayega.. Kuch zyada gehri chot nhi h....". The doctor just bandaged her wounds without even looking at them properly and told them to go.

"usko dhang se dekh to lo". Sidharth groaned loudly making both doctor and Shehnaaz flinch.

"dekh liya h mene.. Or bhi 100 se zyada log dekhne h mujhe.. Jaao yaha se...". The doctor scoffed and screamed NEXT PATIENT. Sidharth was about to retaliate but Shehnaaz held his hand and shook her head, stopping him.

"badtameez aadmi". He scoffed.

"itna mt gussa karo  Sidharth.... Unhe bhot Saare logo ko dekhna h". Shehnaaz said in a low voice.

"hmmmm.... Aajao udhar Beth te h... Khade hone ki taakat nhi h tumhare andar bilkul bhi". Sidharth held her up her shoulder and both of them walked toward the corner of the tent and sat there hissing a bit because of the pain.

"Shehnaaz.....". He whispered her name and she hummed while closing her eyes and resting her head against the wall.

"kabhi haath nhi chorunga... Kuch bhi nhi hone dunga kabhi bhi Tumhein". He turned his face a bit to look at her, she opened her eyes hearing him and looked at his face, his eyes were wet and were telling a different story today.

"hmmmmm....". She hummed looking at him and tested her head against his shoulder.

"kaha thi tum itne din". His question made her take a deep breath.

"m gufa type jagah m thi jb mujhe hosh aaya or mujhe samjh nhi aarha tha kya hua h.... Tum bhi nhi the waha Sidharth... Dar lagrha tha bhot... Mujhe lga tumko kuch ho gya h... Kuch samjh nhi aarha tha... Har taraf bss Paani hi Paani tha... Bhot daraawna tha Sidharth sabkuch ". Her body trembled as she spoke.

His hand came up and he wrapped it around her makibgher snuggle more into him.

" waada krta hu Shehnaaz.... Kuch nhi hone dunga kbhi kuch.... Kbhi bhi nhi.... Tumhein pta nhi h.. Jb tum pass nhi thi to mera Saans lena mushkil horha tha... Tum chahiye thi bss mujhe pr tum nhi thi... Mene har jagah dhundha tumko pr tum nhi mil rhi thi mujhe.... Aage se mt Jaana naaz.. Please ". His voice cracked and her eyes welled up.

" kabhi bhi nhi jaaungi... Kbhi bhi nhi". She promised.