Chapter 31

" Sir , ma'am welcome". Sidharth walked toward the main door, welcoming the older couple. He completely ignored  Aman who was  literally seething in anger .

" tum yaha kya kar rahe ho ". The man said in his gruffy voice , almost in disbelief and the lady beside him was also looking stunned.

" you guys know each other" . Sidharth looked at the interaction  with confused expression, it was very clear that they all shared history and the things didn't ended well .

" Mr and Mrs. Gill ...... aap yaha " . Sidharth looked at his mother who came out of her room and was looking at the couple with stern eyes.

" Rita ........ oh my god " . Mrs. gill gasped looking at mom.

" ummm mom mene aapko bataya tha na ki humari company k ek important client aayenge aaj dinner p ..... so ye Mr. Amrinder Gill and Mrs. Param Gill....... sir please come inside...." . Sidharth said wanting to dissolve the awkwardness . He glared at Aman when he was about to utter something.

The couple looked at each other before entering the house. Shehnaaz entered with the glasses of water when everybody settled  down on the sofa .

" Sana ". Mr. Gill whispered looking at her to which she froze , she looked at him silently as he picked up a glass of water and everted her gaze hurriedly  , when she moved toward Mrs. Gill ,she just quietly refused the water and gazed Shehnaaz.

" ummm sir  idhar aajaiye ... kaafi late hogya h already and I guess you guys would be hungry." Sidharth said when  his wife turned around and gave him a look. He didn't understood why everybody was behaving so weirdly because they all were good few minutes before and especially Aman who was glaring the couple like he would set them on fire, his mother was sitting with a stern face for the first time with the guest and his wife, her energy just went zero.

"umm... Ok". Mrs. Gill replied, still looking around curiously.

"m Shehnaaz ki help krta hu". With that Aman just stood up and went inside the kitchen.

Sidharth eyes locked withhis mother and he clearly knew something was up.

___________________________________

"tu theek h". Aman almost ran into the kitchen and grabbed Shehnaaz.

"hnn". She said looking down not making an eye contact.

"Shehnaaz". He said sternly and that tone made her look up at him because her best friend never used his stern voice on her.

"tu Pagal ho gyi h kya yrrr". He gasped looking at her unsheded tears.

"why..... Mtlb achanak se kyu". She looked at him being absolutely vulnerable.

"sunn... You have been through worse..... Ohk... We have handled this before.. We'll do it again... You got it....". Aman hugged her tightly.

"hmmmm.... Pr vo firse sab khrb kr denge... Abhi to sab kuch theek hone laga tha". A tear rolled down from her cheek.

"you want me to throw them out... I'll do it... Consequences dekhe jaayenge... Ek baar hnn bol or vo yaha kabhi kadam nhi rakh paayenge". She knew him, he would keep his words if she said yes.

"nhi... M selfish nhi ho sakti hu... Sidharth k important client h vo.... Or meri history jo bhi ho... Pr Sidharth uska part nhi the na hi m chahti hu ki usko meri vajah se kuch bhi issue ho professionally to". She didn't wanted to be the reason of his downfall.