Chapter 20

Sidharth was sitting on ground beside the thin almost worn out mattress on which his wife was sleeping. His one hand was patting her forehead slowly and gently, his back was rested against a weak stool and his eyes were closed and he was thinking about her, about him, ABOUT THEM.

All the senerioes where he had misbehaved with her were roaming in his head, every time he snapped at her for no reason, the rude comments he made wherever she tried to make a conversation,  the way he never treated her right , not even trying to give a chance to their relationship, everything was blowing up his mind.

He had seen her making efforts, she tried as much as she could but he was the one who turned down her every effort down, he was the one who forced her to not to believe in them, he made her believe that no matter if they were husband and wife, he was nothing to her and all these thoughts were suffocating him.

He shut his eyes tightly before opening them, his eyes went to her, there she was sleeping with absolutely no worries, he looked at chest as it raised and fell again and again, it made him him believe that she was there with breathing and alive.

His heart and mind were conflicting against each other way too much, the way his heart almost stopped beating even at the mere thought of losing her. The way all he wanted was her, only her, nothing else but on the other hand his mind was too confused, he knew this feeling, he knew it and he didn't wanted to give it a name. He was going absolutely bonkers, so he just stood up from there and went out of the tent to get some air.

"kya hogya". He was sitting on a big rock near the tent when a source of voice startled him.

"tum yaha". He asked Sanchi as she came infront of him and stood there.

"Hmmm... Bahar hi nikli thi bss... Ghutan ho rhi thi andar". She told him only to get a nod in return, he turned his head away from her and for a while she also didn't say anything.

"Sidharth". She called him out softly.

"hnn"

"maaf nhi tumne aaj tk mujhe haina". She was looking straight into his eyes searching for answers. He on the other hand was frozen hearing her, the heartbreak, ghe lies, the betrayal, everything just came infront of him like a movie but he was normal, very normal.

" mere maaf krne na karne se kya frk padta... Tumhein or usse jo krna tha tum dono n Kiya... Or ab ye purani Baat hogyi h.. M bhi apni life m aage badh chuka hu... Mujhe frk nhi padhta h ab". He said looking straight into her eyes, without any hurt, with any feeling and with that he realised that he had already moved on his life, he didn't cared about her, he didn't cared what she did, how she betrayed, it didn't mattered now.

"hmmmm... But all I wanted to say was that I'm very sorry for everything, when my husband betrayed me for somebody else then I got to know that how it feels, and it hurts Sidharth.. All I wanted to say was sorry, I know it won't change anything but still I'm really sorry ". She apologized sincerely to which he just nodded.

" and I'm really happy for you and for your wife, you do love her a lot... Take care of her ohk... She seems nice".she kept her hand over his shoulder and gave him a small smile but he was too busy to process the word love in his mind. Was he in love?. Before he could even process his thoughts a voice took his attention.

"Sidhaaarth". He looked back only to find his wife was looking at him with sadness in her eyes then he noticed that Sanchi's hand was still over his shoulder, he jerked it with the speed of light and was on his toes immediately.

"Shehnaaz vo--". Before he could say anything she said.

"ummmm I'm sorry disturb krne k liye". With that she immediately moved inside the tent, leaving an anxious Sidharth and an almost clueless Sanchi.

"m uske Paas jaata hu". With that he almost ran inside.

______________________________________

"Shehnaaz dekho tum galat soch rhi ho...Kuch essa vaisa nhi h". He tried to justify himself.

They both were standing near their mattress, facing each other, rest of the people were sleeping as it was almost late night.

"tum mujhe explanation kyu de rahe ho.... Mujhe pta h kya h kya nhi....". She looked at him directly in the eye and for the first time he could feel ghe hurt behind those beautiful brown orbs and it made him want to rip himself open.

"Shehnaaz meri--"

"nhi tum meri Baat sunno". She didn't let him finish and started talking.

"aree ek baar--"

"tum dono ek dusre se pyaar krte ho... I got it... Jo bhi misunderstanding thi vo hogyi h sort... I got that too... Now you guys want to get together... I absolutely got it..... Ab jb hum ghar pohchenge tb tum divorce---". Before she could even complete her sentence his lips were over hers and suddenly colour were bursting all around her. Her eyes were wide open, before he could even process anything he  stood back straight.

" Biwi ho tum meri or zindagi bhar rahogi... Samjh m aaya... Vo mujhse maafi maang rahi thi kyuki uske husband n bhi uspe cheat kiya to usse bura lga.. Isliye mujhse maafi maang rhi thi vo... Humara past - past tha pr tum Shehnaaz mera future ho... To apne dimaag se ye Bakwaas Baat nikal dena... Samjh aai". He held her arms and told her. She was still in the state of shock, she didn't knew how to proceed what just happened.

"soojao ab.... Subah pta nhi kya hi hoga". He said and she in a quick motion was on the mattress on her side with her back toward him.

He too laid down beside her with a subtle smile over his face thinking about the kiss, how her crusty pink lips felt against his rough ones, even if it was for a few seconds but it was epic and he was happy with these new feelings.