CHAPTER 11: IN WHICH THE DEPTHS OF COMPETITION ARE EXPLORED

Somebody posted this Cipher in a sweater on the wiki, and I thought it was cute.

.

.

AN: So, due to timeline issues, I'm moving Bottomless Pit and (possibly) Deep End before Boss Mabel. At this point, I haven't received any reviews, so I'll just head to the chapter. Also, I'm just going to give up on actually giving dates for now, I don't have enough time as it would take several weeks of uninterrupted work, and I just don't have the time. If you want to take a crack at it, go ahead.

Also, I watched The Great Potato war with my grandpa, he found it amusing.

Yo dudes, the discords pretty chill. Maybe you could, like, join it, or something? https://discord.gg/eSSP2GtYQS

.

.

Dipper, Mabel, and Soos stared into a pit. Moments before, Grunkle Stan had been leaning on a sign next to the pit, the sign identifying the pit as the bottomless pit, when the dirt the sign had been planted in gave out, sending Stan tumbling into the depths for a twenty-two minute adventure plus commercial breaks (This is based on the length of the episode, but I think the total amount of time was between 45-60 minutes).

"He'll be fine." Mabel stated.

"I wonder what he'll do to entertain himself all by himself. Maybe I should jump in after him!" Soos asked in a panic.

"Soos, just because Stan fell into a bottomless pit, doesn't mean you need to leap in after him." advised Dipper.

"Are you sure dude? What Stan hits the bottom, and loses his memories or something! Then how will I get adopted and become Stan Junior!?"

"Soos, you don't need to worry about our Grunkle, he's tougher than his old man body would suggest!" Mabel said trying to cheer up Soos.

"Besides, we just came out of there. It's not like there's a 50% chance it'll lead to a chaos god or something."

"Yeah, I guess you dudes are right." Soos said, while still looking mournfully down into the bottomless pit.

"I know what'll cheer you up, a trip to the arcade!" Mabel suggested. Soos didn't look comfortable with the suggestion, so Dipper stepped in.

"Come on man, I'll even go easy on you in Nort, maybe you'll finally win."

"Oh dude, you are so on!"

With that, the two children and one man-child ran to Soos's truck and headed into town. Meanwhile, Stan was falling, annoyed with the world.

'I wish I had something to do. The first time wasn't so bad because I had those troublemaker's stories, but now all I've got are my own. I'll just look through my memories. Yeesh, that was a bad idea. Huh, what's that?' Stan pondered, seeing an old book falling beside him. 'Wait, could it be!?' Stan threw himself towards the book, catching it and looking at the front. 'No, it's not another one, but what is it? A Record of the Great Potato War? Well, I've got nothing better to do.' Stan thought as he opened the book, written by someone named Odin Terracrafter.

The main text was preceded by a forward: This is the true story of one my friends, an example of a brilliant tactician in a stupid war.

'Hm, must be a fantasy novel. Bet Dipper would like this.'

The war started because of literature, so remember kids, books are bad for you. Technoblade, Famous in many circles for being a great warrior and earning the title of Blood God, needed some books made out of baked potatoes to enhance his armor. Applying earlier lessons [see volumes 1,3,4, and 7 for more information], Techno solved it using the best method available.