Chapter 28: In the heir tonight

.

.

AN: This is a bonus chapter because I felt that going from Northwest Mansion to Not What He Seems was too direct with Pacifica's status. Plus, I had a few ideas for interactions and didn't want to have to wait until after Tale of Two Stans.

Apparently there's some drama with Wilbur? I'm not entirely clear on it, and until a youtuber I trust covers it, I won't give my opinion. That said: abuse is hella cringe, and I'm glad I'm using a character in my fic. I highly doubt the real Wilbur is the biological son of Phil and Kristen, biological brother of Tommy, and has died/been revived multiple times.

Also that was a Spiffing Brit reference last chapter guest on Fanfiction.

Beta'd by the supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Sora

Discord: https://discord.gg/eSSP2GtYQS

This one is kinda heavy, so trigger warnings for: Suicidal thoughts, Parental abuse (kinda), Parents being pieces of shit, Selling one's body, Archaic thoughts on marriage, Sexism, light underage sex.

(author) (btw, I go by bad on the discord)

[Beta]

[Chat, hear me out, I think Bad's finally lost it on what i've just read of the triggers.]

.

.

Pacifica shoots upward in a panic. The sun has already risen above the horizon, and the servants hadn't woken her. Her father would lecture her, and more than likely get new servants. Pacifica didn't want that to happen, her current ones were sources of what Pacifica imagined motherly love was like. They nursed her bruises, gave her advice, and slipped her snacks whenever she was being punished.

Pacifica realizes that she doesn't recognize the room she's in and starts panicking. 'Oh no, I've been kidnapped!' She thinks. 'I gotta escape! I'll call my father... my father.' Her thoughts trail off as the memories of the previous evening comes back to her. Pacifica begins to cry.

A soft knock interrupts her sorrow, accompanied by a young boy's voice calling softly through the door. "Pacifica? You up? Breakfast is almost ready."

Pacifica clears her throat and brushes away her tears, 'A Northwest must not show emotion', and answers. "Yeah, I'm awake. Let me get dressed and I'll be right out."

"Okay."

Pacifica begins pulling herself out of bed when she realizes something. "H-hey, Dipper? Can you stay? I don't know where the dining room is."

"Of course." Dipper promises.

Pacifica smiles as she begins looking around the room for a change of clothes. The only thing missing from her current outfit was the shoes, which Pacifica noticed were sitting beside the bed. Apart from them, there were no extra clothes in the room.

"Dipper? Are there more clothes somewhere?" Pacifica asks cautiously.

"I mean, just Mabel's clothes."

Pacifica swallows. "I see." The Northwest heiress exits the room, trying to ignore how wrinkly her dress is. Dipper is waiting right outside for her, and offers her his elbow. Pacifica looks at him curiously.

Dipper blushes and moves the offered arm to rub the back of his head. "I saw it in a movie once." He admits sheepishly. Pacifica smiles, and the pair head towards the kitchen.