CHAPTER 13: IN WHICH THE SEARCH FOR THE CROWFATHER BEGINS

.

.

AN: Yo, Sabaton started a 24/7 rock livestream, lets go!

Danken for the follows and favorites, it makes me happy to know you enjoy this sleep-deprivation fueled mess.

Guess who's got two thumbs and getting Gravity Falls the complete series [collectors edition]? This guy!

I've got a discord for this story, and I might start dropping notes/ ideas from my ideas document, (which currently has 1,400+ words) and will contain hints/spoilers for the next chapter.

https://discord.gg/eSSP2GtYQS

.

.

Dipper Pines looked at the journal, double checking his information. 'It says that the Author ran into Plaidapusses? Plaidapi? Plaidapus's? whatever the plural is, the Author found Plaidapus while heading to something called Crash Site Omega, which according to the maps, should be this way.'

Dipper continued to hike, hoping to find a supernatural entity by noon. He was out in the woods hunting the supernatural for an exibit because Stan was no longer with them. Stan and Mabel made a bet, Stan would go on vacation for three days while Mabel would run the shack, and whoever made the most money would win.

If Stan won, Mabel would need to wear a shirt that said loser for the rest of the summer, while if Mabel won, Stan would have to sing an apology song written by Mabel. Mabel, upon taking charge, of the shack, used Wendy's, Soos's, and Dipper's suggestions to make the shack better. Dipper's suggestion was to find a real attraction instead of the fakes Stan had around the shack.

There were very few cryptids in Dipper's journal that were both amicable and serious enough that people would realize they were real. The gnomes were out of the question, Kill Billies were too dangerous and not obviously paranormal, and the stomach-faced duck was just unsettling. He probably could have gotten a Manotaur if he said it was a modeling gig to show off their manliness, but since the last time he had spoken to the Manotaurs he had to run away shortly after (Dipper had seen various Manotaurs around the cliffs, seemingly looking for something, but he didn't know what.).

So, Dipper was searching for the legendary Plaidapus. It wasn't like he knew any cryptids who were obviously paranormal and chill, like, I don't know, maybe a Pigman or something.

Dipper sighed as he realized he had wasted several hours looking for the paranormal when he knew exactly where a friendly creature lived. Dipper put journal three back inside his puffy vest and started walking towards Techno's place.

.

.

Techno sat on his porch, as still as a statue, with a loaf of bread in his hands. Techno had been sitting there since dawn, hoping to draw in some of Phil's crows. So far, no crows or ravens had shown up, and Techno used the time to meditate, pondering the mysteries of the universe. The Voice's were quiet, with a good number having fallen asleep and someone had managed to tap into the Gravity Falls Public Access TV so the rest of chat were watching Help! My Mummy's a Werewolf! 2: This Again.

Finally, a crow got curious and brave enough to approach Techno, slowly walking towards him. When the crow was close enough Techno slowly ripped a piece of the loaf and threw it on the ground in front of the crow. Techno repeated this, edging the bird closer and closer, until the crow drew near enough that Techno leaned forward and began to speak in bird.

"Craw."

"CraCaw caw?"

.

.