𝐗𝐕𝐈

╔.★. .═════════════╗
-ˏˋ. 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 ˊˎ-
╚═════════════. .★.╝

                      𝐀 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐉𝐀𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐘𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐍.

And Elijah, who holds her wrist with two fingers on her pulse, has not moved from his spot on the floor, near where she rests, for that entire week.

The air around them is polluted by golden yellow mist from Jasmine.

Said woman lays on the edge of the bed, sweating like she was already in hell. Every once in a while, lets a shiver, or a shudder, or a word slip.

Or Elijah's name.

Jasmine makes a choking noise, alerting Elijah, he quickly grabs the bucket in the corner of the room, laying it on the floor he lifts his wife into a sitting position before bending her over the bucket, letting her release what is constricting her breathing out into the bucket whilst holding her hair.

Black blood.

After letting her insides out, the woman sags against him, back in her slumber, getting blood on his clothes without meaning to do so.

Elijah gives her a kiss on the forehead before sighing and laying her back down on the bed.

The man winces, his eyes falling on his greying fingertips.

The air around him has become poisonous. Even touching her makes him feel burning. But he doesn't care.

He would rather stay near her in bad health than stay away in good.

Elijah pulls the covers to her shoulders before going back to his spot next to the bed, holding her hand in his.

𝘼 𝙒𝙀𝙀𝙆 𝙀𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙄𝙀𝙍...

"Jasmine!" Elijah called out the moment he spotted bloody bodies in a clearing.

He had been searching for her, but for hours.

Reaching to a stop to where the pile of bodies began, and his eyes almost immediately found his wife.

Naked.

Bloody.

Cold.

And injured.

He walked on all the bodies. He was quickly shrugging off his tunic to wrap around her body whilst a million thoughts swarmed his mind.

Why was she bare?

Why was she bloody?

Who killed all those people?

He watches as one of her multiple wounds start to heal on their own, his brows furrowing in confusion.

He doesn't recall giving her his blood at all today.

A groan breaks his train of thought.