𝐗𝐈𝐗

(A/N I changed the face claim to Amanda Seyfried (her in the 2000s)!
And I'd like to remind you that the present is 2010, which means Jasmine's been asleep for six hundred and forty years.
She woke up a bit before Elijah's appearance in the Vampire Diaries!)

╔.★. .═════════════╗
-ˏˋ. 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 ˊˎ-
╚═════════════. .★.╝

                           ❝𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐌𝐄. 𝐈 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔. 𝐈'𝐋𝐋 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄, 𝐉𝐀𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄.❞

Jasmine paused, looking at the man before her who claims to be her husband.

He backed away until his back hit the wall with a thud. He slid down the wall as he gripped his hair tightly, muttering to himself.

'She doesn't know you.'

'You scared her.'

'You scared your wife.'

'You scared your Jasmine.'

He had brown eyes, soft ones, and his stance was cautious.

His clothes looked ridiculous compared to hers.

"Are you truly my husband?" She looked at his hunched figure with a pitying stare before walking towards him slowly.

She wouldn't of believed him.

But the man in front of her was genuine.

He looked like his plans all crumbled to a crisp every time she wouldn't recognise him.

"Yes." Elijah said repeatedly, nodding and swearing that he's not lying.

She gently sat next to him, her knees touching her shoes, her clothes between the two.

She softly patted his forearm, both resting on his knees.

Lifting his head to look at her.

Tears streamed down his face.

He tried to stop them, but they just kept coming more and more.

"I apologise." He wiped his face.

She shook her head. "It is I who is apologetic, sir."

His face grimaced as a new wave of hurt flashed over him. "Pleas- not sir- I'm Elijah, call me Elijah."

'Have we not surpassed formalities, Lord Mikaelson?'

Jasmine shrugged off the distant voice in her head, focusing on Elijah once more. "But that is not proper-"

He shifted, his knees hitting the floor as he stared into her piercing green eyes. "I beg you. Never 'sir', just Elijah. I can't bear it-"

"Alright." She agreed with a sad smile.

His eyes roamed all over her. She looked exactly like the day she left.