𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

╔.★. .═════════════════╗
-ˏˋ. 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘 ˊˎ-
╚═════════════════. .★.╝

❝𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐓, 𝐈 𝐑𝐄𝐅𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐓𝐎  𝐒𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓  𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐈𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐀 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋.❞

"And you speak like as if some boy." She laughed unhumoursly.

She goes to punch his chest, but he blocks it, taking a hold of her wrist as a smirk dances on his lips. "You are strong, Jasmine. Stronger than you let yourself be. Do not hold it in."

She pulls her wrist out of his grip roughly. "Pardon me, I did not recall there being a levelling scale of strength."

After they met up with Elijah's witch ally, they agreed that Elijah being presumed dead was to work well in their favour.

Which brings us to right now, Jasmine suggested, considering she is a mourning widow, she should go and speak to the doppelgänger herself.

"Let's try this again, shall we?" Elijah said, adjusting the cuffs of his sleeves to be more comfortable.

Jasmine takes a few breaths. "You are aware that I am capable of looking at a person and melt their brains, correct?"

"Fighting is mandatory." He began. "For anyone and everyone. It is a survival instinct."

"Yes, however-"

"Let us presume someone is holding you caged by the throat." He tilts his head amusingly. "Phasmatos won't help you when you're being choked to death, darling."

"Ha. Ha." She aims to throw a punch at him, but he blocks it. "Lucky you, I use my magic without words."

Elijah takes his stance again after Jasmine rips her arm out of his grasp, nodding at her to fight him. "Again."

Jasmine puts up her fists and starts to fight him, but he easily blocks her blows.

"Again." Her attack was blocked again.

She aims to kick him, but he pulls her to him by the leg.

He lowered his mouth to her ear. "And then, once you've had your bones broken and cannot focus on a simple spell-"

She interuppted him with a kiss, to which he responded immediately.

Jasmine spins out of his grip, kicks him, and presses him against the wall while he's distracted.

"There's my wife." He praised. "However, I do have concerns about if you plan to kiss everyone who aims to hurt you."

"No." She shook her head. "I only plan to kiss my mentor."

"The heart is an easier target in this position."

"I know." She panted.

"Why aren't you doing it then?"

She pulled away from him. "I refuse to puncture your chest with my hand!"

He took her wrist. "You need to know how much pressure it takes to puncture the skin."

"It defeats the purpose of claws, no?" She waved her clawed hand in front of his face.

Abruptly, Elijah took her hand and jabbed it in his chest, where his heart would be.

He winced but sent her a smile. "Take a hold of it."

Jasmine stares at him waringly.

He looks at her proudly as he feels her fingertips move.